TradeStation - pros and cons please?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sponger, Jul 20, 2006.

1. OK, so TS 'fixed' the problem... Here's your new data, approx 15 mins later. Nevermind the little gap you see there.

#31     Jul 24, 2006
  2. And the magical EC move is back today as well. TS is really doing well today.

For those that thought these were spikes during announcements, here is a screenshot of the EC at 12:15pm EST. There were no econ reports and this did not happen as my trading dom's (not TS matrix) did not move at all.

• ec.png
      File size:
      12.2 KB
      Views:
    #32     Jul 24, 2006
  3. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

It goes with saying that TS is one of the best if not best chrating package available. I only wish that the made an API interface useable at most brokerages instead of starting a brokerage. That was a STUPID move on their part. Just like their abandoning their end of day software.

I hope they smarten up soon.

#33     Jul 24, 2006
  4. TS has zero foreign mkt coverage. I"m on the verge of setting up an esig account for these other mkts

#34     Jul 24, 2006
  5. mktman

mktman

moving to MB now

#35     Jul 24, 2006
  6. #36     Jul 24, 2006
  7. FYI - the volume reported on the EC right now (2:05pm EST) on TS is 159k. The real volume today is 72k.

But who's counting?

#37     Jul 24, 2006
  8. Sounds like they are. Twice!

#38     Jul 24, 2006
  9. Since Tradestation got out of the software biz and into the broker biz and got a new CEO...how has their company grown? Anybody?

#39     Jul 24, 2006
  10. cc2trade

cc2trade

I have used tradestation twice over the past 10 years. Good charting, not an easy language to master, and the results are no "holy grail" if that is what you are expecting.

Tradestationis no cure all. You must decide what information you need to make decisions, do your research and not rely on advertised claims like tradestation.

If it was so great, everyone would use it, we would all make the same decisions and then it would become ineffective.

#40     Jul 24, 2006