TradeStation - pros and cons please?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sponger, Jul 20, 2006.

1. That's incorrect - TS has acknowledged this problem on THEIR end in the TS forums. They know there is a problem on THEIR end.

Same thing with QM data lagging - it's not lagging on CQG or RealTick - again, TS has ackowledged it's on THEIR end.

#21     Jul 21, 2006
  2. #22     Jul 21, 2006
  3. Not doubting you but if true, ESignal and TradeStation have the same technical problem with the same contract.

I am looking at a ESignal/Multicharts chart of yesterday's EC with the same spikes that I show on TS - same time, same amplitude, identical in every way.

Anyway, I wish all of you good trading with whatever tools you prefer.

#23     Jul 21, 2006
  4. Actually it looks like they don't allow non-clients of theirs to even view the forums (confirmed by an email from them). I have been interested in TS just for the charting/backtesting but the fact you can't even view their forums seems like they want to hide something.

#24     Jul 21, 2006
  5. Sorry mini, I did not know that. You can get a free trial though I think.

#25     Jul 21, 2006
  6. #26     Jul 21, 2006

7. :)

#27     Jul 21, 2006
  8. maxpi

maxpi

The forums are not very negative as I recall. I don't recall much showing up there that they want to hide. I think they just consider it a service that you have to pay to get. Charging some admission keeps the bums out. Their forums were a place where you could have some serious discussion about trading last time I looked.

#28     Jul 21, 2006
  9. That's good to hear. In the off chance that anyone from TS is looking here, it would be nice if you made the forums read only for non-registered users and allow the registered users to post. It could get more people interested in the product.

For what it's worth, I have never used TS but have seen another guy use it..Like others, I've heard complaints about the brokerage execution quality, but frankly I think they have one of the nicest integrated platforms out there.

#29     Jul 21, 2006
  10. Anyone else see the wonderful TS ticks today around 11:55am EST? If not, here's a screenshot of the ES. Happened on the ES, YM, NQ, ER2.

Great data!

Note: the actual price when this occured was 1264.50 approx. Just a little off.

• es.png
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
    #30     Jul 24, 2006