TradeStation - pros and cons please?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sponger, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Surdo

Surdo

I trade EC manually.
    You have got to be nuts to auto-trade EC on any platform during an announcement.

It really spikes 50 ticks on any platform, not just TS.

I agree there is no excuse for piss poor customer service or bad data.

I just find your TS bashing to be tired already after the other thread. Move on to something else already.

Have a good day trading!

surdo

#11     Jul 21, 2006
  2. Surdo - you don't understand - these 50+ tick moves on the EC I am talking about are NOT during any announcements. They just happen at random and they are NOT real. That's my point. TS is reporting these outrageous fills that did not really happen.

During announcements, yes, it does jump. I am not referring to these.

Again, if the poster did a search for TS, I would not be reposting the same info.

#12     Jul 21, 2006
  3. I trade nothing but futures as well....ES and EC.

I trade with several other futures traders and we have different data providers including ESignal. We all experience these spikes in the EC - not just TradeStation users. I believe it is a CME problem and not specific to any one data provider. I KNOW it is happening on ESignal well which has nothing to do with TradeStation.

I have had no data outages during premarket, RTH or postmarket in months - not saying you haven't had problems but I am not sure TradeStation is the cause.

There is no techncial service of any kind that doesn't have some disgruntled users. Sometimes they have reason to be disgruntled and sometimes they blame the wrong entity as you have done with the EC spikes.

I highly recommend TradeStation to any new user.

#13     Jul 21, 2006
  4. I know of 8 TS users from my own location who have left TS for other data providers in the last 6 to 12 months --- main reason was lagging or disrupted data as compared to other charting services at the exact same time. TS may have some servers that are worse than others depending on what part of the country someone is in...this may be possible.

We will not even get into any order executions stuff. :D

#14     Jul 21, 2006
  5. The object of the exercise for me is to make money.

If TradeStation was preventing or inhibiting that in any way, and something else is working for others, I would go for it.

I can only relate my own experience which has been good.

On futures contracts, I have had no problems with order executions - fast, usually good fills based on current bid/ask at the time the order was placed has been my experience.

#15     Jul 21, 2006

6. Interesting..........and we are both in Texas (and probably on the same server). It is good to see that you do not have the problems that I and others are encountering.

#16     Jul 21, 2006
  7. Absolutely...sorry it isn't working out for you and the others....

#17     Jul 21, 2006
  8. Surdo

Surdo

I run DeMark indicator's on TradeStation and my only other option is to pay $2,000 for a dedicated Bloomberg terminal.

I have eSignal for redundancy as well as another futures broker.

I have only been hosed badly once in 5 years as a result of a data failure.

#18     Jul 21, 2006
  9. I am personally hoping the XStudy with XTrader 7 will be re-released very soon so I will have no more need for separate charting services. :)

http://www.tradingtechnologies.com/xstudy.aspx

#19     Jul 21, 2006
  10. my .02

pro = best charting software

con= impossible order entry/modification

#20     Jul 21, 2006