Tradestation Pro Reliability?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by p2, Apr 12, 2001.

1. p2

p2

I've been using Tradestation Pro for a few months. And I find it extremely unrealiable. It seems to be getting worse over the last few weeks. Is anyone else having problems with their data feed?

2. elie

elie

hi

I use it now 3days and the feed is terrible. level is not working in time or if it works than T&S and quotepage is not workingand also the charts are not updating.
    the support is very unpatient and telling me that it is my internet connection.
    but the same internet connection gives me esignal perfekt in time and quotes.

I took nextrend today and I checked it with esignal, and nextrend was all the day running conform with esignal. looks good the feed.

best of luck

eli

3. PKJR

PKJR

i agree, i reported those problems over 2 months ago..

the problem is with the design. the cpu goes 100% if you have more than 3-5 workspaces opened and that keeps from updating the data. I had to go for esignal because i could not trade.

4. alipang

alipang

I have used both Nextrend and Tradestation Pro.

For me Nextrend is the best there is as far as quality of feed, ease of use and the prompt responses from the support staff.

I have also found that Tradestation Pro demands too much of computer resources unlike Nextrend.

I also tried esignal and Qcharts but I will stay with Nextrend for the reliability and unbeatable customer support.

When was the last time that you were able to speak with a real support person within 30 secs, happens 90% of the time at Nextrend.

That is important to me,

alipang.

5. PKJR

PKJR

at this point I use TS as a backup system. I also like to test some ideas as I develop intraday trading systems to trade multiple markets.

I looked at nextrend and it is just not for me.
    Paul

6. p2

p2

Thank you very much for validating my post. I have been wasting too much time trying to figure out what was wrong with my system and/or ISP. It sounds like I need to find another product.