Tradestation - Please Help!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by J-S, Sep 18, 2002.

1. J-S

J-S

Hi - I've got Tradestation 2000i and I am a complete novice. I have a code that I would like to put in (it's already written) - I understand that it needs to go in easy language, but I don't have a clue how to get it in there, and how to get it to show up on a chart and produce buy / sell signals.

Is anyone able to help?

Many Thanks

Jo

2. Open up the easy language power editor and choose new>Strategy. Once you have written the code and saved it, right click on the chart you want to insert it on and choose insert analysis technique. You should find your strategy under the strategy tab.

3. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Actually, you will also have to create a strategy from within TS. Once you put the code in the PowerEditor, go back to your chart and select "Go" from the menu bar and then select "Strategy Builder". Select "New" and then give it a name. Then choose "Add" to select your signal. You should see your signal listed there along with the default signals that come with TS. Highlight yours and hit OK and follow the remaining steps. Once you've finished, then you can go and right click on your chart and add it.

Pretty redundant, but Omega was never known for efficiency. When I used TS6 I didn't have to do all of that, so they finally improved that aspect.

4. I use 6 as well. We have 1 machine running 2000i in the office and I find it to be a lot more frustrating than 6. Could always be the learning curve though! Good luck with your system. When your finished be sure to check out our Auto Execution software!

5. J-S

J-S

Many thanks everyone

I've tried to find new/strategy but I'm having no luck. Is this

File
    new?

Once I'm in new, I can't find anywhere that says strategy

Thanks again

Jo

6. J-S

J-S

I've managed to put the code in Easy Language and have saved it.

For some reason it's not showing up in the 'Insert Analysis Techniques' window, or the 'Tradestation Strategy Builder'.

Is anyone able to help?

Many thanks

Jo

7. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Did you create a "New" strategy in the Strategy Builder (there should be a "New..." button once you're in there)? If not, your signal that you created in the PowerEditor will not show up.

Make sure you did each step in my previous message. If so, it should be there. Let me know if you still can't get it to work.

8. Are you on the Strategy Tab? Are you sure you saved it as a strategy?

9. J-S

J-S

Hi - I'm still having no luck!

I've gone into EasyLanguage Power Editor, File, New, General, Signal, pasted in the code and saved.

Then in Tradestation window I've gone to Go, Tradestation Strategy Builder, New, named it, add

Here I get a list of signals, but I can't find the one that I have made.

Thanks again

Jo

10. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Hmmm, that's odd. This may sound like a dumb question, but did you verify the signal? I just created a quick test signal and as soon as I verified it, I had access to it in the strategy builder's list of signals.

Also, did you ever have another version of TS installed? When I built my new pc, I kept my old hard drive along with my new one. I did a fresh install of TS on the new drive, but all my work kept getting saved in a directory on the old drive and I couldn't find it at first.

#10     Sep 18, 2002