Tradestation or Metastock

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sam Mcgee, Nov 2, 2003.

1. #11     Nov 3, 2003
  2. Please let us know which way you decide to go and your progress.

Thanks

#12     Nov 3, 2003
  3. You can learn easy language and use tradestation only.
    why are you afraid about future? Tradestaion is a solid
    company, they just spend 10 times more their year earning
    on development expenses every year, that means these
    people will be around for years and their software get btter
    day by day.

I were deciding for 3 monthes on which software go for and
    came to conclustion:

-Software that has best charting features
    -software that has easiest lanugage to learn and
    can be converted to creat most strategies
    -software can can be automated and scaned, orders
    could be send to IB.
    -has it's own brokerage and feed, and cheap commision
    -Financialy strong and has lot of resources and 3rd party
    support.

That can be tradestation only.

#13     Nov 3, 2003
  4. Hi pspr,

Did you write any dll's yet for Metastock? I threw out Metastock some years ago because of the incredible hassle and redtape involved to get at the necessary software allowing you to do this. In fact you would be the first person I heard of doing this, 3-rd party vendors excepted of course.

Be good,

nononsense

#14     Nov 3, 2003
  5. madf

madf

"Stay away from Investor RT, you will spend more time managing your database then you will viewing charts. "

Hmm I use IRT and have done for over 2 years.. NO problems with database and very easy to program.. if you know simple logic that's all you need..

Perhaps you have problems with simple logic..:)

#15     Nov 3, 2003
  6. #16     Nov 3, 2003
  7. pspr

pspr

nonon,

No, I leave such things for others to do. However, I do find the ease of the regular language in Metastock right up my ally for the simple things I do, including using indicators where others have written the dll's.

Wally

#17     Nov 3, 2003
  8. IB is an excellent data feed for TradeStation. If your system can handle a bad tick and keep on ticking, give ts and ib a try. Btw, I don't know of any method that will work right, unattended. Are you in the office while the system is running or will you be away?

#18     Nov 3, 2003
  9. The only way to automate Metastock via the alerts from its Experts and send orders to NinjaTrader would be to use a macro to send an order file to the NT folder.

You could do this with www.macros.com ,Macro Express. I have done it this way, but in simulation mode you are limited to one order at a time.....no multiple orders.

TSim+ is another possibility which does the same thing as NT. It will accept multiple orders. www.tradingsimulation.com

Developing an Expert in MS can be simple or very difficult depending upon whether you need to monitor stops/targets via MS. If you send stops/targets with the order then it is easy.

Bob

#19     Nov 3, 2003
  10. Metastock is such shit it's remarkable. I'm using it for RT charting and just making simple time changes causes grief. It's obvious whoever wrote that app hasn't a friggin' clue as to what the user wants or needs.

#20     Nov 3, 2003