TradeStation not an honest broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TraderC, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevet

stevet

the key to all this is not the dollar amount - its the way a company deals with a problem - that builds the relationship - or screws it - some of the best relationships are built on the way a problem is handled and resolved

all these companies go on about their customer service - but it is issues like this that show that a company is plain just badly run - and that is a management issue - not the people in the engine room - they are so busy telling everyone how great the company is - that they believe their own hype - and do not look to their own internal problems, and sort them out

its laziness or arrogance - at the highest management levels - and bad customer liason staff - is a sign of bad staff hiring controls or bad training - and those are management issues

my own experience with TS - made me feel that both were at play

i think that calling inefficient companies "crooks" is a bit of a stretch - but if you get mugged in the street for $1 - thats a crime - so corporate inefficiences which lead to "mugging" - i guess could qualify

TS had a chance to resolve a problem and make a freind - they blew it - but that is what business is all about - there are winners and losers - and winners dont have to be that special, as the losers go out of their way to lose

#41     May 16, 2002
  2. perr

perr

Trader C and Cut_Your_Losses

I agree, and like to thank you both for sharing your experiences and your reply to us on Elite and to the world.

There is no excuse for treating customers in this manner.

I will cross them off my list also. NO NO NO to Tradestation,
    it's not TS , its Tradestation. (spell it out) :mad:

thanks Trader C

perr

#42     May 16, 2002
  3. TraderC

TraderC

TradeStation took money from me which doesn't belong to them without informing me. Ok, they probably made a mistake.

Since I just opened my account, I was trying to get to know TradeStation. I expected TS to behave like all other brokers and credit me the mistake without much hassle.

I told TS about the mistake, they admitted that money is mine, but they kept holding onto it. After 4 weeks of trying to get it back, it no longer looks like a mistake to me.

$100 is a small sum for me, but it's an even smaller sum for TS. If trying to get back a $100 "mistake" is this difficult, imagine trying to get back a much bigger "mistake". Whose money is it anyway?

TradeStation has been telling me that I would get my money back next day, next week, next month, and so on... Being honest means that they should carry out their words exactly. Well, they have failed to carry out their words many times over.

If the words of a broker cannot be counted on, what else can I count on when I do business with the broker?

#43     May 16, 2002
  4. Ohh man, do I have a lot to learn....Going from Prop to your own coin is interesting. Thanks for the heads up on TS. LOL, i liked their response, after you broke the news........

#44     May 16, 2002
  5. stevet

stevet

have they returned the money now - or told you exactly what is going to happen?

#45     May 16, 2002
  6. potrader

potrader

Thanks for putting the info up about TS.

I've was at a broker and was over charged. It sucked! I was charged $575 to put a 1000 share bullet. The broker told me they had a software glitch and decided to fixed it 1 week later after 5 emails and 3 calls.

Having to deal with stuff like this is pathetic!

#46     May 16, 2002
  7. TraderC

TraderC

No, I am still waiting for my money. Back on May 3rd, I faxed them a letter requesting that my account be closed down effective immediately. I also called them on May 3rd to make sure that they did receive it, which they confirmed.

But guess what? They sat on my request to close my account until I went public with my story this week. Needless to say, I am very angry about it.

Every time I called, they say, "you will get your money soon."
    So, I am still waiting for the final check.

#47     May 16, 2002
  8. Kosiosko

Kosiosko

I have used TradeStation since January and had a similar accounting experience. For a period of 4 weeks, I followed-up with client services and everything was eventually straightened out.

My thought on TradeStation: TradeStation seems to be going through tremendous growing pains; developing the platform into an 'automatic' solution (order execution) for strategy implementation. Want more details on this, read (yes, go through every page) their last quarterly or annual report (go to http://www.tradestation.com/aboutus/default.shtm and click on "SEC Filings").

The platform (TradeStation 6) has a way to go to be fully automated (i.e. with feedback from the account manager for money management), but they seem to be very helpful at least with tech support on the SW troubleshooting side.

As I said, my thoughts (and once I get to 30 I'll also write a review).

#48     May 16, 2002
  9. Thanks

#49     May 16, 2002
  10. drdr

drdr

So much talking for a $ 100. I am using TradeStation and they are OK.

#50     May 17, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.