TradeStation not an honest broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TraderC, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TraderC

TraderC

I have dealt with over 20 brokers in my 8 years of trading. All of them except TS have been quite honest and responsive to me. Incorrect charges are always credited within 2 days.

I constantly encounter problems with order execution and system reliability with brokers. However, honesty and good customer service are the norm among the brokers that I do business with.

#11     May 15, 2002
  2. TS pays the bills around here.So god forbid they get some bad press.

#12     May 15, 2002

3. I want to know who and why the rating was removed.

#13     May 15, 2002
  4. Could explain why their stock has been in the toilet...my preference for these things is to immediately complain to the highest authority there is and not fool around with the goombas. I guess in this case that means the SEC.

#14     May 15, 2002
  5. TraderC, maybe they had to borrow your $100 to pay elite. :D

#15     May 15, 2002
  6. I wonder how much money for the year they lost over that $100 ...

#16     May 15, 2002
  7. TraderC

TraderC

I was shaking my head even more when they deducted $100 from my account again this week! I called TS and they they said that was supposed to be the credit.... Good thing I was watching my account!

What really bugged me about using TS to trade was that I couldn't get the exact amount of transaction on each trade until I receive the statement at the end of the month. I had no way of knowing how much commission I was paying each day from their software and web site. They made P/L and tax tracking a pain in the neck. Same thing with the data fees, unless I halt trading in my account.

I can't stand this lack of transparency. This makes detecting incorrect fees and commissions much harder, if not impossible for an active trader.

#17     May 15, 2002
  8. TraderC

TraderC

Well, the following is the reply I received from the EliteTrader administrator regarding my negative rating of TS. A new policy is conveniently in place now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned to you on the phone, we implemented a policy last week that requires that users must first have posted 30 messages on our message board in order to post ratings. I don't care if you post your rating of TradeStation again but you'll have to first meet the 30 post requirement that everybody else must meet.

Best Regards,

Baron Robertson
    Administrator
    Elite Trader - The #1 Site For Active Traders

#18     May 15, 2002
  9. mbg

mbg

TraderC -

I guess you'll have to post about 24 more posts here to get "accepted"

LOL - what a joke

but thanks for the heads up on Tradestation - bad customer service is a no-no, and I just wiped them off the list - thanks

#19     May 15, 2002
  10. stevet

stevet

when i contacted TS about an account a few months ago, they seemed arrogant but like all brokers - kept on about their great service,

as i kept explaing to whoever i spoke to each time - i had to keep calling them and no emails or phone calls were returned - and that is how you judge a comany's service in the begining

the phone people lacked training in basic communication skills and also their own technical and business systems - seemed like a hangover from the internet party to me

figured - if this is how potential customers suffer - no way would i join them

pleased to see they are keeping up the "good work" !

#20     May 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.