Tradestation no longer available to Canadians??

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Lois Price, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Tums

Tums

http://www.tssupport.com/forum/

#11     Oct 8, 2008
  2. danilo

danilo

With Multicharts you can download also historical data, for dailiy quote you can also use Free Data feed and OpenTick

#12     Oct 9, 2008
  3. Multicharts looks pretty good but I'd prefer to have a Tradestation account. Does anyone know if there's a workaround to getting a Tradestation account if you're Canadian? What if you use an American address or American social security number?

#13     Oct 20, 2008
  4. sogodo

sogodo

Your kind angels sitting on your right shoulder just made this right choice easier for you.

Get rid of TradeStation and open the new brilliant world of possibilities you had been deprived for so long!

:) Good luck.

Some good ppl need a light kick in the ass to go to the right direction

#14     Oct 20, 2008
  5. Forget tradestation. I trade through Questrade with Sterling Trader Pro which has linking with my eSignal terminal. I actually get eSignal for free through Questrade. I have to do a certain number of trades with Questrade each month to get the eSignal free. The charts and backtesting in eSignal are great.

#15     Oct 20, 2008
  6. Actually I have accounts with Questrade as well as IB. I like Questrade because they are the only ones in Canada that will let me hold F Class Funds (no retaining fee which saves maybe 1% a year).

I read that Questrade offers Cybertrader. Multicharts is supposed to connect to Cybertrader so I'm not sure if that isn't another possibility.

The other possibility is that I have retirement accounts at Questrade, you can't have them at IB. It would be nice to trade the retirement accounts to avoid immediate taxes.

#16     Oct 20, 2008
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Cybertrader is now Charles Schwab, and It does not look like the old CyberTrader platform is still used, just StreetSmartPro which looks like a clone.

#17     Oct 20, 2008
  8. #18     Oct 20, 2008
  9. Multicharts works fine but in the long run I'd prefer a Tradestation account. What if you just set up an account with Tradestation and used a mail forwarding service with an address in the Bahamas or something like that? Would that be a workaround for Canadians?

#19     Oct 25, 2008
  10. qewcool

qewcool

How you get esignal with an account with questtrade ?

Didnt see that the last time i consider opening an account with them which is last year.

can you post a link ?

#20     Feb 5, 2009