Tradestation Negative Option Billing

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by java5555, Jan 26, 2004.

1. java5555

java5555

What is up with the client ahving to notify TS to cancel a service that was never requested in the first place??? "ECN Books Market depth Data". Subscription Services web site has been down for at least two days.....client services phone line on perma hold.

I run BOTH esignal and Tradestation. Never, ever had any bs from esignal. TS is a joke.

2. maxpi

maxpi

That is free for the first couple of months. Just log in to the help desk and change your options to get rid of it.

Max

3. Ebo

Ebo

ANSWER THE F_ _ _ING PHONE!!!!!!!!!!
    As a broker dealer, aren't you supposed to?

4. range

range

i didn't care for the negative option either.

if ts wants to make it free for a period, that's great. but don't force client to remember to --- and to take the time to --- cancel the service they do not want and did not request.

5. java5555

java5555

"We're Sorry. There is a problem processing your request". Customer care at TS is the WORST in the industry....I get better service at IB.

6. maxpi

maxpi

I was on hold about 10 minutes today, got instructions to get on the website, did so, no real problem.

I can't get on the website from my other machine however and nobody tried to tell me why, really. I guess I have to go play with the security settings or something. Not very good customer service sometimes.

Max

7. maxpi

maxpi

I had to shut down Zone Alarm to get on the site, I guess I have to learn to use Zone Alarm better.

Max

8. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

Dear java5555,

We apologize for our service hold times. We are currently experiencing high call volume as a result of an E-mail message sent in error that was triggered by our backend system. In preparation for billing for the ECN Books feature beginning March 1, we made some changes to our billing system. As a result, our system inadvertently sent out a confirmation e-mail stating that the ECN books feature was added to your account. Please disregard this e-mail and we apologize for any confusion it may have caused. Let me clarify the ECN issue:

TradeStation 7’s optional ECN Books feature was part of an introductory promotion offered to clients certain clients at no charge. The free ECN Books trial period ends effective March 1, 2004.

If you DO NOT wish to continue receiving the optional ECN Books data service, simply visit www.tradestation.com/myaccount, login to the My Account section of our Web site, and uncheck the box by this feature to unsubscribe. Please note: If you do not unsubscribe from this feature by February 29, 2004, you will automatically be billed $20 for ECN Books on March 1, 2004, and then every month thereafter that you remain subscribed to this feature. You may choose to unsubscribe from this feature at any time, and for any reason.

If you would continue to receive ECN Books after February 29, 2004, you don’t have to do anything. Your account, effective March 1, 2004, will be automatically billed $20 per month (the regular monthly fee for this optional service) and your service will not be disrupted.

If you have any questions, please call me directly at 954-652-7429.