Tradestation Lowers Commissions!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by nitro, Sep 25, 2003.

1. chessman

chessman Guest

Interesting that their stock is down 18% today.

I am a long time customer of TS, I believe the combination of backtesting software, automation feature and low commission combo is the best in the business.

Comparing IB and TS is comparing apples to oranges. However I do believe TS is now aggressively going after IB customers. They are offering new customers 50 contracts or 10,000 share rebate. The good thing is, us the 'joe customer' wins in this price war...

#11     Sep 25, 2003
  2. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

The SEC charges a fee of 1/213.67 of 1% of the total dollar amount of securities sold.

The NFA charges a fee of $.04 per round turn on a e-mini contract.

#12     Sep 25, 2003
  3. zero

#13     Sep 25, 2003
  4. Ebo

Ebo

You have an issue over .02?
    That's $4 on 100 Round Trips.
    WOW!

#14     Sep 25, 2003
  5. spieler

spieler

What about TS short list?.
    It is for me more important than the fees because i use to play volatil biotech share and some brokers cannot borrough them

#15     Sep 25, 2003
  6. Bob111

Bob111

i'm interested it this too. let me know, if you find any)))))

Thank you!

#16     Sep 25, 2003
  7. ...OT, could you please share any observations you'd care to on the quality of automated execution at TS? I am stubbornly hanging on to E-Signal until they get around to automating to IB, but I won't wait forever. TIA. - Mike

#17     Sep 25, 2003
  8. WinSum

WinSum

Do you have any stocks in mind ? I can find out if they are shortable at TS.

#18     Sep 25, 2003
  9. Bob111

Bob111

i want to compare IB short list with TS.
    IB list on their website.

Thank you!

#19     Sep 25, 2003
  10. Funster

Funster

Most of the time OK. But sometimes strategy orders (on the eminis) somehow do not get sent to market.

I have sent all this info to them when it has happened but not received a satisfactory answer as yet.

So it is fine if you are around (audible warnings can tell you if it should be trading, so you can rush to watch), but not 100% reliable if you are truly an absentee trader.

#20     Sep 25, 2003