TradeStation Interest

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by AllenTrader, Apr 13, 2004.

1. AC3

AC3

I dont know Wealth Lab and Ill admit 2 not looking around much ...... I have mentioned in other forums that I wrote many of my 1st strategies in the old TS 2000I and I wanted 2 keep them and just went str8 thru into the 1st versions of online TS (Which was free as a platform at the time)

#11     Apr 13, 2004
  2. Thanks for the replies thus far.

Just want to clarify something...a WL user must download data from a third party like Yahoo!????

From the admittedly limited amount of time spent building systems compared to some elite/senior members of this site I know that Yahoo!'s data sometimes needs fairly extensive cleansing. Bad Input...Bad Output.

"Steve.Larsen" has got me wondering about the WL platform as I'm wondering if their might be a little bias in the rating system from pascally programmers. His response is what you might call an outlier.

#12     Apr 13, 2004
  3. If you have lots of strats in EL, I can see why you'd want to stay with TS. EL can be easily converted to WL, but that, of course, is only if you know WL well. WL has a huge amount of built-in trading functions.

And yes, you need a data provider. That can be a bit of a headache. I use TC2000 for data and EOD charting/research. Works well with WL IMHO.

Regards.

#13     Apr 13, 2004
  4. What does EL mean?

#14     Apr 13, 2004
  5. AC3

AC3

EL=Easy language ( the software development language for TS) However TS has a # of canned functions as well. Also there is a fairly good support mechanism in TradeWorld (A website dedicated to coming up w/ new strategies and answering questions about Easy Lang)

#15     Apr 13, 2004
  6. I've answered this before, but I recently reconsidered the Wealthlab vs. Tradestation debate. And I still recommend Tradestation.

With Tradestation, you get stock, option, futures, and forex data included in the subscription price (plus real-time fees). With Wealthlab, you have to purchase the platform (it's relatively inexpensive at $650), but your data will cost a ton unless you only trade stocks. I trade futures, stocks, and forex, and my data from Esignal would cost more than my Tradestation subscription, which includes forex for free.

The Wealthscript language is tough to learn unless you feel confortable with traditional programming languages. Your EL scripts are NOT easily transferred unless you have a programming background.

The support for Wealthlab is very good, but the Tradestation community is pretty good, too.

If you only trade stocks, give Wealthlab a trial. If you trade other markets, go with Tradestation.

P.S. I don't use their brokerage; this is just my opinion of these two platforms. For the record, I use IB as my broker.

#16     Apr 13, 2004
  7. JackR

JackR

Does this site still exist? Tried a few variations with no luck.

#17     Apr 14, 2004
  8. Ebo

Ebo

9. AC3

AC3

#19     Apr 14, 2004