TradeStation Global vs Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by HappyTrader, Sep 1, 2020.

1. My understanding is that TradeStation Global (specifically) is an introducing broker to Interactive Brokers. They might have their own software, but apparently for account management and backoffice operations you go directly to Interative Brokers.

So I'm curious: Why would someone opt for dealing with TradeStation Global vs Interactive Brokers directly?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

you want tradestation software. Though there is an easy language version of multicharts that will send orders to IB.

3. Bugsy

Bugsy

Their trading platform is awesome, far better than IB from what I have heard. I use their platform but have never used IB so I couldn't give you a solid answer on if it is true or not, but I can tell you I use their platform daily with great execution and ease of use.

TradeTune likes this.
  4. Both IB and tradestation are great combination ...I read many places that Multichart still not very reliable and test results aren't accurate, let's see if any major brokerage willing to buy them

5. Any concerns about having the front end taken care of by TradeStation, but having to go through InteractiveBrokers for all the back-office stuff?

6. I'm not sure what you mean. I wanted to open account with Tradestation Global, but i changed my mind (Instead have account with tradestation securities) because excution and clearing done by IB, and But your IB account becomes Tradestation custody and charged you with higher commision.

7. ZBZB

ZBZB

version 10 of tradestation is not highly thought of and most people us 9 and 9.2.

8. V.10 is better version but has some bugs need fixes, like any usuall beta version of softwares

9. Tradestation software will sometimes freeze up. During the first 30 minutes are during very active sessi9ons. I place a buy at market, and it just sits there. Then I enter another sits there the both are filled. In other words its frustrating.

I have a very capable computer and internet connection. I know its the software.

Workstation.jpg

10. what do you mean by "sits" ?
    do you mean your order seat there, software or screen freezed? or you mean order didn't fill because you placed a "Market" order during a busy session !

#10     Sep 1, 2020