Tradestation & Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Commisso, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Anybody trading e-mini futures through Tradestation???
    If so, what has your experience been like so far???

2. jeffm

jeffm

I have been using TS2000i to trade via eFloorTrade.com for about 3 weeks now. Their autoXecutor interface is still in development, and I had a few rough patches early on. But I tweaked my code a little, and they updated their program, and it has worked pretty well lately.

I will say this...Its a thrill the first time you drop the reigns and let the system enter a trade on its own. And its an even bigger thrill when it does something you didn't expect :eek: That is the risk vs reward of automated trading of course. Fills are lightning fast on ES though. From the time the clock strikes :00 to the time you get the fill report back is about 2 seconds. Plus, efloortrade is a PATS broker, which is a nice bonus.

So check them out if you are interested in TS automatic execution. Given their history, I frankly wouldn't trust Omega with my trading business.

3. That is an accurate statement.

4. Futures funds are held and futures trades are cleared through Refco, LLC. Their futures order entry was browser based last time I looked. Avoid.

Perhaps when the platform is upgraded it will be worth a look.

5. Commisso

Commisso Guest

No cdn... They just rolled out futures on their platform... 3.99 per side... was just wondering if anybody was using them yet...