TradeStation Freezes>>>>>>Surprise<<<<<<

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Ebo, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Ebo

Ebo

Anybody else's TradeStation ES quotes and T and S freeze almost for 10 seconds several times after the FOMC announcement?
    What a joke. I have learned to not trade on the number.

2. Dpop6

Dpop6

Mine didn't have had clean data for about a week.
    A blip every once in a while.

3. Ebo

Ebo

That was not what I asked.
    But thanks for the response!

I have very good connectivlty past few weeks on TS and was trying to see if anybody else experienced bottlenecking around The FOMC? Much better as we speak. I am on Road Runner.

ebo

4. Dpop6

Dpop6

No problems for me and i'm on roadrunner also.
    Best of luck!

5. Yes I had the freeze too!!! But I almost regularly have it everday couple of times!

Chinook

6. Mine was fine...

7. ramora

ramora

Any fast market will bring Tradestation to a slooooooow display of data.

I have IB running next to tradestation and as soon as I am in a position the focus moves to IB's data.

I have tried to increase the speed of my LAN and increased the CPU I am using but it doesn't help.

It was not only slow after the FOMC announcement but also at the earlier economic report 10 a.m EST this morning.

ramora

8. Ebo

Ebo

Thanks Guys!
    TS is saying perhaps the "Cache needs to be cleared"?
    I will give that a try at 4:15.

ebo

Wanna good chuckle>>>>>> TradeStation claims I am the only one "experiencing these issues" ..........I am currently on PERMA VIVALDIHOLD!

9. TS was pretty much like a beached whale for me after 3:30 pm EST. Most of the time charts were frozen but T&S kept working fine. This is due to the painting/drawing bug. Luckily, I have my account with IB!!

Chinook

Edit: Well IB was also down for about 3-4 minutes during this time. But I had my stops pending at Globex :)

10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I solved the lag problem by running TS on one computer and all my other stuff on another computer.
    Apparently it uses so much CPU when spikes happen, the only thing to do is give it it's own machine.
    It just does not play well with others.:)

#10     Oct 28, 2003