Tradestation for Futures Trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Selene, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Selene

Selene

Checked out Tradestation's website. They have got great charting and strategy testing but it does not seem like they have got book trader for futures trading. Or Am I missing anything?

2. Selene

Selene

Emailed the Customer Service but got no reply if they provide book trader for futures trading or not.

Does X Trader come with a charting package?

Any input or comments?

3. Opra

Opra

they have Matrix, similar to book trader

4. Selene

Selene

Thanks. Opra.

Do they have a demo or simulator? Does Matrix have all the features like a book trader? Is it possible to get a screenshot?

Can I place a limit or stop limit order by clicking on one of the bid and ask prices? Can I see market depth on Matrix.

Thx.

Selene

5. cleartree

cleartree

6. Selene

Selene

Thanks. Cleartree.

7. Surdo

Surdo

[​IMG]

8. Selene

Selene

Thanks. Surdo!

Is that the US thirty year treasury? How reliable is Matrix in terms of execution, cancellation, and data feed for futures? Have you traded ES (mini S&P 500) or YM (mini Dow) using Matrix?

Can you place stop limit orders on Matrix?

Thanks.

Selene

9. tortoise

tortoise

I've found the TS matrix to be, for lack of a better word, "gummy". Kinda slow, especially in a fast market. The inadequacies of TS's order interface (from my perspective, anyway), finally prompted me to switch to IB, in part because of the array of third party products available. I'm now using ButtonTrader for order entry (magnificent!) and MultiCharts for charting. Multicharts has full EasyLanguage compatability, so the migration from TS couldn't have been more seamless.

10. Selene

Selene

Surdo,

Can I open 3 Matrix for three futures in the same time with 3 charts too? If not, how many can I open?

Thanks.

Selene

#10     Mar 4, 2007