Tradestation for equities?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by spersky, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Excellent point! Hadn't considered that. I think you hit the nail on the head. Shills and ad revenue-- that's why you never see the true best brokerages on there.

-Prof.

#21     Apr 8, 2008
  2. StkWiz

StkWiz

Excellent point! Hadn't considered that. I think you hit the nail on the head. Shills and ad revenue-- that's why you never see the true best brokerages on there.

Shills comes in many shapes and sizes....you just joined ET and most of your post are about bashing TradeStation....makes me wonder...I am not a big fan of TradeStation too, but it seems outright bashing TradeStation is all you do on ET.

Peace

#22     Apr 8, 2008
  3. StkWiz,

Like everyone else, I'm here for the exchange of ideas, opinions and experiences.

I was with TS for over eight years and have watched their service and reliability deteriorate severely in the last two years, to my detriment. My experience with them was a nightmare at the end. If someone asks my opinion of the firm, I'm d-mn well going to give it to them and support it with hard facts based on my dealings with them. I'd be doing them a disservice by keeping quiet about what I've experienced. I've already said their charts are the best I've used when they work and that EasyLanguage is a superb tool. Not all negative if you read all my posts. I'll also post my accolades for the new firms I'm selecting once I try them out. This site is for the open exchange of ideas and experiences. If I just joined and answered 9 questions about TS out of 22 posts, it'll seem like a high %'age, but that will drop to a small %'age of my posts over time. I'm a Darwinist-- the best brokers should be lauded and the bad ones pointed out.

You claim you also had a negative experience with them. Guess that makes you a basher, too, right? Why your unique interest in my posts regarding TS? If you were truly busy reading all of my posts, you'll see that they're diverse and span many topics.

Instead of worrying about my 'post ratios' and unpleasant dealings with TS, why not contribute to the solution and share what happened to you and who you now utilize?

-Prof.

#23     Apr 8, 2008
  4. "You would probably find that the #1 rating also has the #1 advertising spend. Coincidence of course if so."

I think that is a bit much to assume don't you think. You don't know this. I happen to
    like Barron's and do not believe they would
    get into this kind of "behavior"

There are lots of brokers with lots of negative and positive opinions of the same broker.

#24     Apr 8, 2008
  5. mokwit

mokwit

In my opinion, No. But you can believe what you want. (Disclosure: you can believe in the tooth fairy if you want).

#25     Apr 8, 2008
  6. You call Pro's posts bashing?!
    I HAVE DEDICATED MY ALIAS TO BASHING THESE NO GOOD CHARLATANS...
    This is an abusive joint which is run in a very much Mafia/Godfather style.
    In their forum you must rub their balls with a silk handkerchief so they may answer a couple of your questions which you needed to ask because the ABUSERS don't have proper documentations or manuals. Or alternatively start criticizing them as I did for their pre historical editor/platform and they use a TOTALLY innocent post of yours as an excuse to ban you from their forums for which I am looking to sue them, since the forum is not a social gathering place but IT IS an integral part of their platform, Anyone remember the Soup man edition of .... well these are the Trade Nazis in comparing. To prove you the point, after my banning, following my bashing them, they kicked out the cust. service manager but to this date they have not even apologized to me. There are many cases like these.

Besides, I mean for God's sake, who'd start off with a programming language that does not even have an editor????!!!!! I mean give me a break....

#26     Apr 8, 2008
  7. +1, Absooooooooooolutely very well said.

#27     Apr 8, 2008
  8. gaj

gaj

one thing - despite the earlier post, the number of stocks available for shorting at TS has definitely increased over the last year. i opened an account there then, and had the previous short list (from clients); when i opened my account, there was a certain number of stocks available, and that number has increased significantly during my time there.

TS is my backup broker, and works fine for me for that. however, for very active traders, (i believe) there are better options.

yes, "#1 broker" is often advertising. i also received emails or stuff saying "don't forget to vote for us in the poll".

#28     Apr 8, 2008
  9. wjk

wjk

In fairness to TS, I have been having more stocks then ever before
    coming up "short" at IB. Shorted a couple today, and could only get about 1/4 my size on the plays. Shares not available. One of the stocks is quite liquid, and was surprised they weren't available.

#29     Apr 8, 2008
  10. Deadly in a bear market.

#30     Apr 8, 2008