Tradestation fee change

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by r-in, Jul 21, 2005.

1. GTC

GTC

According ThinkOrSwim, TradeStation Securites accepts payments for the order flow. Does this make the TradeStation Securites's order executions slower than IB's?

#41     Aug 1, 2005
  2. r-in

r-in

[

I have TS for charting and haven't seen the lag in a month, and only couple times before that. On Esignal I see many more lags. I can't say I've noticed a definite difference between TS and my X-Trader either, which is surprising. The computers I have running are all over 1 yr old, and have 512 of RAM. My load time for 2 desktops and 4 workspaces(2 per desktop), and 3 -4 charts per workspace as well as a quote list of about 50 index and equities is under 2 minutes for sure. Next time I'll time it to double check because I often am running through email as it opens so don't pay close attention.
    Not arguing with you guys, I always think this stuff can be done better and would most assuredly like lower commissions, although TS is my backup, but I will make sure and hit them for 50 trades regardless. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I finally remembered to time it for the heck of it. From sign on till all the charts were up = 1min 50 secs. Doesn't prove anything to those taking a lot longer for whatever reason, but thought I'd put I'd check anyway.

#42     Aug 3, 2005
  3. Ebo

Ebo

I am running 12 charts with 10 indicators on every chart and have no issues with TS. I used to hang up about a year ago.

I only have 512MB Ram on XP Pro os.

I do not run anything else on this machine other than TS.
    I was very frustrated up until a year ago with the situation.

It may be a memory issue with you, TS is a bit of a "HOG" with memory.

#43     Aug 3, 2005
  4. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

GTC,

ThinkorSwims website has several incorrect statements about our company and we are in the process of correcting this.

TradeStation Securities is an agency only Direct Access brokerage firm which means we do not make markets and we do not receive payment for order flow. We also do not charge our brokerage clients for our Options analysis platform (OptionStation).

#44     Aug 3, 2005
  5. Indeed, I just saw that on the TOS (its missing an S I think :) ) webshite!!!

I didn't know who TOS were before, but considering the rubbish they are plonking on their site about their competitors, can you guess what my opinion of them is now?! :D

#45     Aug 3, 2005
  6. Bravo MichealD,

Also tell them to remove that Crapper burger and hotdog
    pics from their webshite
    http://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/client/index.jsp

#46     Aug 3, 2005