Tradestation fee change

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by r-in, Jul 21, 2005.

1. joesan

joesan

Maybe TS is a better choice for US clients, considering its versatilily. But I found TS commision rate of international products are not very competitive. For example, their commision rate of HSI futures per contract is about 300% as much as that of IB.

#21     Jul 22, 2005
  2. Are you sure your not speaking of your az..?

#22     Jul 22, 2005
  3. Dood, I suggest that you stop choofin' on that joint, and go easy on the Jim Beam, because you cannot trade HSI futures with TS DIRECTLY.

For fuck's sakes. I don't give a shag if you can trade HSI with "Joe's snotty we'll-give-you-a-jolly-rodgering brokerage house" (like somenone else suggested) using TS as a front end through some dodgy 3rd party connection.

We are talking about using TS, to trade whetever instruments are availabe to trade through TS. Rocket Science!

:D

#23     Jul 22, 2005
  4. joesan

joesan

advanced english, i can hardly understand most of it.

FYI, Iwas not talking about the quality of TS, I am talking about the commision rate it is charging. I developed all my 10 trading systems on TS, but then I just imput them into excel and use excel to monitor my trading at IB account. Trading is not rocket science , it's about human nature, pal.

#24     Jul 23, 2005
  5. Advanced English - yeah yeah... :D

I was talking about commish as well.

pal, tell me, as per your original posting (see below in case you have developed an acute case of selective amnnesia), since when has TS offered HSI futures trading, for which you claim they are soooo much more expensive?
    The suspense....

PS. Better call up the Cruz brothers and tell them the news :D

#25     Jul 23, 2005
  6. #26     Jul 23, 2005
  7. joesan

joesan

TS international futures commision rate can be viewed in the following page.

http://www.tradestation.com/fees/futures.shtm

HSI is USD11.99 per side per contract , ( and maybe not inluding exchange fees, which is about USD1.47 per side per contract )

IB is USD7.70 round turn per contract including all exchange fees, huge difference.

Anyway , techinically TS is a superb tool, I voted for it as the best software in the S&C magazine annual poll.

commish English, yeah, I could sense a piece of humor in your words, but as a foreigner, I could not figure out the meaning of the commish part :(

#27     Jul 23, 2005
  8. Indeed, but that is through RJ O'Brien's trading platform, not TS. In fact, you can't even get quotes for HSI through TS.

Basically TS isn't ready yet to trade HSI or European products (or SpotFX if youre in a particularly jovial mood - even that is traded through a third party, but at least TS provides limited SpotFX data for free).

#28     Jul 23, 2005
  9. roncer

roncer

Can anybody post TS Options comission sale?

Thanks,
    Ron

#29     Jul 23, 2005
  10. GTC

GTC

No matters whether one opens an account with Tradestation in August or in September, one will still have to pay the platform/software fee of $99.95 at the beginning of the month (or the the 1st day you start your account). That fee will not be waived for that first month. Only in the following month's platform fee may be waived for the high volume traders. However, the first few thousand's shares' commissions are waived for the new accounts.

#30     Jul 27, 2005