TRADESTATION Easy Lang. Frustuated and need help with a simple stratey and learning.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mdl060374, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Ebo

Ebo

Use the FREE book you get when joining as a client, or do the lazy thing and pay an EL consultant. There are enough prefabricated strategies on the platform to make a buck!

Good luck.

#11     Sep 8, 2005

2. look here:
    http://unicorn.us.com/trading/el.html

click on ELreference2000i.pdf

you will get 337 pages of info for free.

#12     Sep 8, 2005
  3. Your frustuation is unreasonable, You got a pattern,
    you want to code it, but haven't taken any time in
    learning how to code, and time is critical to you.

Seems you have urgency to make money, you like
    many others blaming tradestation for your problems.

#13     Sep 9, 2005

4. I can help you code it. PM me if u need help. I'll do it for free as long as it is not too difficult.

#14     Sep 9, 2005

5. Well now that I have access to the book they just put on line (that I reviewed last night), I can learn. Which I am happy about.

My frustration was/is dealing with pinheads at TS who dont know the status of my order (5-7 day delivery) (and 3 weeks later still hasnt arrived)and sell me a product which is now defunct and obsolete.

Also they refer you a website which for a TS beginner is pretty useless and hard to navigate.

NOt true, I learned the "urgency to make $" pitfall years ago.

The only reason "time" appears to be critical is that I get pissed off when I am paying $250+/month for a product and I cant get the necessary tools to use it for the sole purpose I purchased it.
    You would be pissed too.

Anyway, this is all moot since the book is downloadable online

#15     Sep 9, 2005
  6. Thank you. I am actually learning the manual as we speak. I willl let you know if I run into any dead ends (I am sure I will :p )

I appreciate it.

#16     Sep 9, 2005
  7. I don't see it online for download ??

The book price has increased from $49 to $79, so if you
    bought it for $49, then it's worth it. I have it too.

The book doesn't make you fluent in EL in no way, it just
    builds your understanding of Easylanguage.

#17     Sep 9, 2005
  8. This is what happened (I believe...) :

I purchased the book on 8/23 online. waited for 2 weeks and went back online. The book was "no longer available (or something along the lines of that.)

I called to get teh status of the order and wondered why it was unavailable. They said the new one was coming out. (the boot camp one for $79.00.

So they made the one I paid for free is what I am guessing. Unless I am mistaking the 2 books....

Anyway, I got refunded today when I called up so all is well. I will just do what I can with what I have and it should be enough for what I have planned.

#18     Sep 9, 2005
  9. Yes, you are mistaking books, and older version never
    available for free, but to those joined at paid tradestation
    seminar i guess

#19     Sep 9, 2005