Tradestation down 3rd time for the week

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by fseitun, Jul 3, 2008.

1. bob5e

bob5e Guest

Constant data feed problems recently . . glad I don't use TS as a broker. Basically worthless!!!

I only use Ninjatrader/Mirus Futures for data and brokerage . . no complaints. I'll never again us TS for futures . . might as well stick you member in a meat grinder. Reliability and slippage sucks!

For stocks, I use Fidelity. For 1000 shares, it's the same $8 rate for me. Plus, TS rips you off big time with their interest rate. Read TS financial report . make $40+ million in interest earnings . . from client accts. Even paying the higher $12.95 at Fidelity, you could easily offset that difference with your interest rate earnings from Fidelity. Why trade with TS?

Makes no sense . . TS is great for charting but not much else, providing their data feed is up . . which has been a clusterf**k recently.

#11     Jul 3, 2008
  2. Please don't pick Mirus as I don't want to see their excellent customer service swamped by too many new accounts. Thank you. And as I said in another thread, will the last one leaving TradeStation please turn out the lights?

#12     Jul 3, 2008
  3. I also started a thread about TS issues under the Automated section. As I posted in that thread . . .

Today was the final straw for me. I will not continue to risk trading at Tradestation. I will just have to stop trading until I find a new platform.

I have been spending a lot of time looking at everything out there. I like NinjaTrader, RightEdge, and Neotick Tickquest. The lack of support I hear about at OpenQuant scares me away from them.

I am also taking a serious look at StrategyRunner, as they impress me as extremely competent when it comes to all of these connectivity, order handling, technology issues. They have an actual server in the offices of each of their partner brokers to eliminate as far as humanly possible a lot of these issues.

Any specific experience by anyone on any of these choices?

#13     Jul 3, 2008
  4. LOL.....here is TS' message to customers after today's problems. Fortunately, I had NT/ZF up at the same time, and it ran smooth as a whistle while TS was frozen for almost 30 minutes this morning (after that 50k+ 1min volume spike on the ES at 9:49 EDT this morning):

"The TradeStation data network has been experiencing intermittent data disruptions due to increasing market data volume. During these periods, electronic market data and order execution may not perform optimally. We apologize that this continues to happen. We are working non-stop to correct this. If you have had an issue with any order, or your use of the TradeStation platform has been impacted, please send an email ........"

What a joke.....what user of TS wasn't impacted by this lock-up. It used to be that TS only became unreliable after FOMC announcements. Now it's happening almost anytime there's a reasonable surge in volume.

Moving all of my charts over to NT this weekend (except NT doesn't have P&F charts :mad: )

#14     Jul 3, 2008
  5. Was also affected by the recent data disruptions. It's never been as bad as it's been this year.

Their phone lines were overloaded with calls and no one was able to get through to place an order.

The funniest part is when you get through to the punk trade desk managers, they won't own up to anything and try to say it's your fault, not TS's-- looks like they finally put out a memo and partially admitted fault.

A lawsuit is the only thing they respond to.

You should post this on the Yahoo TRAD Message Board, as well.

-Prof.

#15     Jul 5, 2008