TradeStation? Do they trade?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by FOXRED, Aug 23, 2002.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Maybe they just aren't handholding programming students? They have seminars all over the place, perhaps they expect you to study the coding? I've never had a question on EZ Language that I could not resolve by reading the manual.

Max

#21     Apr 8, 2003
  2. Have any of you ever automated tradestation with IB? Is there a recommended product, or concensus on a solution to accomplish this?

#22     Apr 8, 2003
  3. def

def Sponsor

Try this link to IB's freelance tools:
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/toolbox/servlet/FreelanceTools.current

One of the products I heard positive things about (although I haven't tried it) is tradebolt.

this is the description they gave:
    TradeBolt Automatic Order Entry For TradeStation submitted by Doug Deming
    URL http://www.investlabs.com
    Language C++
    TradeBolt will automatically take your TradeStation strategy/system trading signals and send them to Interactive Brokers for lightning fast executions. It works with ALL TradeStation strategies and all signals including STOPS, LIMITS, and MARKET orders.It requires absolutely NO MODIFICATIONS to your existing code. In fact, it will work with any strategy, even locked and protected ones.It seemlessly integrates into TradeStation 6.

#23     Apr 8, 2003
  4. DT-waw

DT-waw

Mixed reviews... surfer didn't report any TS crashes, many other TS customers report them frequently.

def: TS to IB automation software can be a great concept, but I would need to open futures acct with TS, park $5,000 and pay $100/mo for platform fee or $200/mo without an brokerage acct.

When they'll offer Eurex real time quotes, I'll consider TS. $200/mo for RT quotes and automation capabilities vs eSignal's $129/mo seems like a fair deal. My only concern is, TS eurex quotes can lag same as eSignal's eurex quotes..

#24     Apr 9, 2003
  5. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

DT-Waw,
    Another alternative to Tradestation that that many of our clients use is Metastock. There is an automation available from www.traders-soft.com (who also do a Tradestation-IB link)
    You can also link Metastock with the E-signal/ DTNiq or other feeds.

#25     Apr 9, 2003
  6. jester

jester Guest

FX - Trader,

Now I haven't "waded' through every post here....but I have used several platforms; REDI+, FSG Sterling Trader, and for charting I personally have found TS6 to be extremely stable and a delightful platform to chart from and one friend of mine executes from it and has had no significant issue's in the 9 months he has used it....and NO I do not work for TradeStation.

J-

#26     Apr 10, 2003
  7. I like the TS charts but had data feed stop a few nights ago, I think at 11:59pm
    Also I would like to be able to see delayed intraday charts on commodities charts I'm not paying exchange fees on.

#27     Apr 10, 2003