TradeStation? Do they trade?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by FOXRED, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Agree; do you think he ever heard of the Cruz brothers?

#11     Aug 26, 2002
  2. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

he who?

I've been getting junk mail from Bill Cruz since 1985. Anyone know what his first product was? (NOT Systemwriter.)

#12     Aug 26, 2002
  3. That is the first one I bought ...

#13     Aug 26, 2002
  4. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

I recall his first product being a live cattle system. Can't remember what it was called. He marketed a couple of other market specific systems before System Writer came out. I think the Omega name was there from the beginning.

#14     Aug 26, 2002
  5. I must be getting old; I have no recollection of that.

Do you remember those brothers that knocked off Tradestation in the early '90s or late '80s? I think it was called "Papyrus" with the modules being "Clarity and Composer".

#15     Aug 26, 2002
  6. bob5e

bob5e Guest

What's with Tradestation turning over its tech support to a discussion forum? Too cheap to provide a viable tech support? Pathetic! The sales reps are also idiots - all the ones I talked to have obviously never tried the program and have little understanding of the market. All poorly trained. . . . this has been mentioned on other boards as well.

I can't say how well the program itself works live since it's taken them 7 WEEKS to process my futures acct forms. . . . I'm still waiting! Equity acct was set up and funded within 10 days.

Luckily, the people on the trade desk seemed to be very knowledgeable - but only used them to xfer my original funds.

There is also very little useful info released on their new TS Version 7. Nothing stated on what will be included - why so secretive? Are they afraid it will be so useless it might scare away potential customers? I don't get it.

Would I sign up for TS again . . . I don't think so. Hopefully, their product will live up to my expectations once I use it. . . . not impressed thus far.

:mad:

#16     Aug 29, 2002
  7. I sent some Easy Language questions in and got an email telling me to use tradestationworld. Are they out of their skulls? Do they expect everyone to post their strategies in the hopes that some untrained newbie can give them a hand with an EL bug?
    I just sent Jenette at Trade Station a note asking if this is how they intend to do business? Until now I would have wholeheartedly endorsed TS - I've had nothing but positive experiences. But now I'm not so sure....
    People who are thinking of TS as an option might want to reconsider until this problem resolves itself one way or another.

#17     Aug 29, 2002
  8. ChrisM

ChrisM

Let`s think:

do traders become sales people ? If so, we know why.
    How about sales become traders ? :)

#18     Aug 29, 2002
  9. Did you have a look at the chart recently ? :D

#19     Apr 8, 2003
  10. i have used ts from the institutional end and am very very happy with the product. it has NEVER crashed on me and the executions are great. it has been much better than the so called main stream prime brokers i have used in the past. thumbs up from surfer.

best,

surfer:)

#20     Apr 8, 2003