TradeStation data problems...

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by tortoise, Oct 26, 2006.

1. funny if you go to their "DATA" page all the lights are green and always have been..

ROFL!!

#31     Nov 30, 2006
  2. I switched from esignal to TS because esignal was even worse. Especially during fast moving markets. So I'd be careful

#32     Nov 30, 2006
  3. I like the TS Radarscreen that is why I use it but it has issues also. It can't read the whole market.....grrhhhh

#33     Nov 30, 2006
  4. RE TradeStation, my understanding is that any strategy that is run to actively trade will keep orders resident on your own systems. So they fail data frequently, which means that trading strategies would suffer commensurately - and this is their entire brokerage business angle. I have traded $00.00 USD with them and am further from doing so than ever.

I am trying to get some answers from them. If they wanted to maintain any integrity and credibility, they would have sent out e-mail/letters on the recent flurry of data failures already and what they are specifically doing to resolve it.

It is clear that they are stupid and super arrogant beyond belief and can get away with it - bad combination for clients.

Trader273, can you please elaborate on E-Signal. I know many people that use it and they have not experienced this degree of outage at least. Some have talked about slowness though. thx!

#34     Dec 1, 2006
  5. The last time I used them was about 7-8 months ago. During the time I used esignal, it seemed like everyday something was wrong with the data. Either slow or non-existant. It was especially true during fast moving markets such as Fed days. During those times price would litterally be 1-2 points off on the er2- unacceptable. I would look at my chart and then look at my DOM and realize they weren't even close.

Well they do have there "live rep" or whatever its called. That is an absolute waste of time. Those people know about nothing. I also feel that esignal was over priced. I put up with it a while, but when the data started to fail I got out. If the data worked fine, I had no problem paying what they charged. It just seemed that there would be a data problem, be fine for one week, and then they would raise prices. Like we should pay more just because it didnt mess up this week. I just got tired of it.

TS is a little cheaper and they offer all the markets i want ( now that they added eurex). I think that what happened to TS yesterday happens a lot less frequently as it did to esignal. Now this is just my opinion and esignal might have improved over the past 7-8 months, but I dont know.

#35     Dec 1, 2006
  6. My tradestation is out this morning right at the break out. Did that happens to others? Do they have real problem on their side or any upgrade can help?? It's been happening very frequently. :(

#36     Dec 1, 2006
  7. Today was stable on TS. I had problems yesterday.
    By the way, any serious trader should have two data feed and two brokers, to avoid this kind of problems. Additional costs more than offset by potential losses on trades , plus the psychological effect on knowing that you have a back-ip. (That includes back-up in computers, Internet access + Batteries for power outage).

#37     Dec 1, 2006
  8. all my quotes were 10 minutes delayed for the whole morning

#38     Dec 1, 2006
  9. TradeStation notifies you of any upgrade to their software....if you have been upgrading when prompted, I don't know of anything else you can do....

There were intermittent problems with futures yesterday, announced in advance..... I had two outages which lasted less than a minute.....having said that, I was leery of putting trades on until I got the all clear from TradeStation.....

Stock traders may have had other problems....I can't comment as I don't trade stocks....

HM

#39     Dec 1, 2006
  10. Nothing is going to be perfect but tradestation has too many charting features to give up on. And only 10 r/t futures per month and the platform fee is waved...

#40     Dec 1, 2006