TradeStation data problems...

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by tortoise, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Also, Pieces of %$#@, please have the balls to use the TradeStation Message Center for what its primary purpose should be. To convey when the system is having technical problems - not to sell tickets to your conferences and "training". "Training"? @#% you guys!

#11     Nov 7, 2006
  2. You got it all wrong, they use the message center to grovel for votes in the TASC best of voting.

Of course, almost never to let us know about issues of importance.

DS

ps, Happy election day, vote early and vote often.

#12     Nov 7, 2006
  3. EPrado

EPrado

Are you mad at TradeStation? Or are you upset with the fact that The Cane's football program has become 3rd rate.....

#13     Nov 7, 2006
  4. Infinitely more, TradeStation...

#14     Nov 7, 2006
  5. EPrado

EPrado

Even after that home loss to Va Tech?.........that might be worse than bad fills....connections going down...etc....

#15     Nov 7, 2006
  6. While I'm not a Cane fan, at least we know Coker will try to fix what is wrong as opposed to the guys who this thread is about.

DS

#16     Nov 7, 2006
  7. Hey guys, it's happens time to time with other vendors too. Life is life. They tried to do something better. But in the big company it's not so easy. I agree it's frustrating. But do you really believe you can find anything better?

#17     Nov 9, 2006
  8. Surdo

Surdo

You get what you pay for!
    For under $150 in Exchange fees and a free platform it's pretty damn good.

Try CQG or BLOOMBERG for over a grand if you are not happy.
    This whining gets old real fast.

#18     Nov 9, 2006
  9. While I agree no one is perfect, the others alert you of outages. TS makes it a guessing game: is it my system or theirs? To find out, you have to go to TSW website and see if anyone else is posting that they are having a problem. Then you have to guess what is wrong and how long til it gets fixed.

What was really bad was this latest outage was manageable. Why switch to new servers when the market opens instead of testing over the weekend or at night.

TS communicates profusely when they want something from you but treat you like a mushroom when there is a problem with their system like a data outage or the trade servers are down.

I don't think the others do that. I also use IB and they are great letting you know of problems. Why can't TS do that? They have the means: alerts and the infamous "AllGreen" network status page.

DS

#19     Nov 9, 2006
  10. Absolutely agree. I trade with guys using ESignal and IB - they find out their datafeed is down by asking me.

Easy to bash TradeStation but these other two feeds go down as well and there is no blinking light or sirens to warn them.

I can't comment on spot currencies as I don't trade them. However, ES and Euro FX have been fine now for as long as I can remember.

#20     Nov 9, 2006