TradeStation Cost?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by qazmax, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Holmes

Holmes

use a single color in your candlesticks and you get attached

Sherlock

• gbl.png
      File size:
      17.7 KB
      Views:
    #11     Dec 1, 2005
  2. that chart looks nice. i guess after looking at qcharts charts for 5+ years we get used to a look.why should it be so hard. every other chart package i have ever used has it available. qcharts, real tick, quotetracker.i am just supprised that ts does not have such a simple option.

#12     Dec 1, 2005
  3. bighog

bighog Guest

10 round turn commissions and the platform fee is free. Hey, not bad, not bad at all.

A fella could do that and save some cash just by trading 10 separate contracts a month. Now, TS is looking for more volume than that .....:D

I think i will open an account there to try out the coding part, always looking for new things to keep the mind active.

So if i am correct, 10 contracts a month and the next months fee is waived, Correct? Not accumulated as a deduction later?

The price would then just be the exchange fees......:)

#13     Dec 2, 2005

4. but their exchange fees are horrid imo

same thing on IB is free

#14     Dec 2, 2005
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

eqttrdr
    but IB is not a chart platform. The normal price for TS is $99.99 a month with a 5k brokerage account, even if you make no trades during the month. You pay the exchange fees as usual.

According to TS website the commission on the ES is $2.36 per side with fees or total round trip $4.72, they lowered that from $5.00 last time i looked.

lot cheaper than CQG..for sure

Do 10 wash trades a month......:D

#15     Dec 2, 2005
  6. That's little pig thinking.

TS system writing and testing engine used to be an awesome product -- but the last time I used it was before the added the order entry platform.

#16     Dec 2, 2005
  7. Which exchange fees?

If you have AMEX, NASDAQ, and NYSE with level 2 on the Naz, costs are $12/month with Tradestation and $20/month with IB. So for this package, IB is more expensive.

Also, TS makes available a large historic data base while IB offers only the current quote.

So, I don't think you can make a flat statement that TS has terrible fees compared to IB.

BTW-IB is my primary broker and TS is my backup broker, and I like IB a lot better than TS as a broker. However, IB has no acktesting/optimization capability and I don't like their charts.

DS

#17     Dec 2, 2005
  8. bighog

bighog Guest

This little piggie went to mkt....:D

I just want to try TS for the coding, not order entry. I have also heard they were not ready for the brokerage business.

My point was simply that, pointing out a cheap way to do it, do not always take me so serious......as many know by now....:D

I have the regular order entry account with X.trader , do not need TS for orders.

#18     Dec 2, 2005