TradeStation Charting Help

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by beanflicker, Apr 19, 2006.

1. I have about TradeStatoin charting, I wanted to know is there anyway to setup a horizontal line on the chart that would follow the last price? I'm new to TradeStation so was hoping someone might have alot of experience with the software that could possibly help.

This is my buddies system I am checking out or I would just call them direct but without an account myself not sure how much they would be willing to help.

2. Ebo

Ebo

The price column on all of my charts automatically flashes on every price change! Just right click and change the color so you can see it.

3. I was actually looking to setup a horizontal line across the chart that would move along with the price. On my previous charting package it was called a Dynamic Line but I have looked all around TradeStation and can't find anything :D

4. Create an indicator in Tradestation using the following code. This indicator allows the dynamic line color and style to be changed. Hope this helps.

// Start Code
    Inputs:
    LineColor(Yellow),
    LineStyle(3); // 1 = Solid, 2 = Dashed, 3 = Dotted, 4 = Dashed2, 5 = Dashed3

Variables:
    TL_ID(0);

if CurrentBar = 1 then
    begin
    TL_ID = TL_New( Date, Sess1StartTime, Last, Date, Time, Last);
    TL_SetExtRight(TL_ID, True);
    TL_SetColor(TL_ID, LineColor);
    TL_SetStyle(TL_ID, LineStyle);
    end;

if LastBarOnChart then
    begin
    TL_SetEnd( TL_ID, Date, Sess1StartTime, Last);