Tradestation Charging for Free Services

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by AC3, May 17, 2005.

1. AC3

AC3

While glancing at my Tradestation Screen this am I noticed that my Nasdaq Composite feed, just the index that you will find on the CNBC "Bug" was now showing a (D) at the end of it. Apparently the idea that TS would provide this ticker that seems to be free to the rest of the world will cost you the fee of $1 per month henceforth. I dont trade stocks and the number is something that I can easily do without but it brings me back to that angst of "its the principal of it"....... Come on TS whats going on...thats just cheap

2. Dude,

thats $1 per month for all Nasdaq equities Level-I data (non-pro fees)

If memory serves eSignal charges an extra $1 per month (again non-pro) for stock indices.

Your issue might have had something to do with a data feed problem they were experiencing earlier on with indicies. Issue was resolved at 9:43am ET

3. AC3

AC3

My point being $100 for the platform per month why throw in a $1 charge for it ..... just include it ...if it were $20 then I could see them charging ........ I dont know why I brought it up

4. The $1 is a NASDAQ fee. It goes to NASDAQ.

I agree, why not include it as part of the platform $100 monthly fee. I guess it then becomes a question of when do you stop? Do you include CME, CBOT, NYMEX, etc, etc, data as part of the monthly platform fee as well (these are considerably more expensive I might add).