Tradestation =? Capital Gain is counterparty, risk statement issues

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by aForexMinute, Jan 26, 2010.

1. These guys seem to be an ON exchange broker however the only counterparty is Capital Gain. There's a few questionable sections on the agreement. Important info is in BOLD text
    Decide for your self on this one.

select sections were copied and pasted from on their website

Futures trading is not suitable for all investors. Please view the document titled Risk Disclosure Statement for Futures and Futures Options ■ System access and trade placement and execution may be delayed or fail due to market volatility and volume, quote delays, system and software errors, Internet traffic, outages and other factors. ■ All proprietary technology in TradeStation is owned by TradeStation Technologies, Inc., an affiliate of TradeStation Securities, Inc. ■ Barron's is a registered trademark of Dow Jones. ■ Trading foreign exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you may sustain a loss equal to or greater than your entire investment; therefore, you should not invest or risk money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all risks associated with foreign exchange trading.

*GAIN Capital Group, LLC acts as the counterparty for each forex transaction and as a liquidity provider to clients using its access to the inter-bank market. In doing so, GAIN Capital Group, LLC assumes the risk associated with each transaction. A portion of GAIN Capital Group, LLC’s profitability may be the difference between the bid and the offer provided to the client, as well as GAIN Capital Group, LLC’s ability to offset any risk transferred to GAIN Capital Group, LLC by clients. ** (I'm not sure what this means)

8. Termination, Trading Restrictions, Liquidation. You acknowledge and agree that TradeStation Securities may, at any time, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, terminate your account or restrict or prohibit trading of securities or other property in your account for any reason. Without limitation of the breadth of the foregoing rights, TradeStation Securities may in its sole discretion restrict trading in your account to closing transactions only. You shall, in all such events, nevertheless remain responsible and liable for all of your obligations and liabilities to TradeStation Securities and its affiliates under this agreement and all other agreements, terms and conditions that are part of the Account Application and Agreement.

2. bstay

bstay

i'm TradeStation user too. will like to see what others say about the forex account. i don't like the fact that we pay twice on commissions (the spread to Gain Capital, then per trade commission to TS). but i like to use my equities fund for forex but hesitating to open the forex account. thanks for starting post.