Tradestation calculation bug?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by wizardx, Feb 24, 2006.

1. That's what I'm using. Have had it since it first came out! I started with ts4.0 Have ts2000i on 6 computers real-time! You're just confused and won't admit it.

#11     Feb 27, 2006
  2. wizardx

wizardx

lol you know what they say. when you are hoping for something you see what you want to see.

i'm not going to waste time arguing with you. do what you want.

i have provided evidence of the error. it is an inconsistent plot within ts2ki, and ts8.1 will plot a different chart using the same data. has anyone tried my example?

#12     Feb 27, 2006
  3. This is because your data starts at 9:01
    Why don't you put some data for 9:00???

Like I said, you start with data beginning at 9:01 and ts will always build 10min bars ending in "01"

If your data started at 9:03 and you have ts2Ki build 10min bars they will always end in "03"

It's not a bug. It just doesn't do it in the same way a person might believe it would.

In order for the data to plot the way you want it then, you need to specify beginning at 9:00 and ending at 17:29 (since 17:30 would then be data belonging to the next bar)

#13     Feb 27, 2006
  4. wizardx

wizardx

don't know why you have such bad attitude from the start. have you tried my example? every bar plots 10 minutes except the last one which plots 11 minutes. try it. if you get different results, post here. has anyone else tried plotting it?

#14     Feb 27, 2006
  5. Well, I have to admit you might be right about something here...
    I almost never import ascii data and so never noticed this small potential issue. It seems no matter whatever size, whether 1-5-10 min bars, for some reason the *very* last bar is off by a minute if one is importing minute data. I haven't yet test hourly/daily data for this potential problem.

It seems you might be right. Sorry!

#15     Feb 27, 2006