Tradestation, Brokerage, Automated Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Trader_Herry, Oct 5, 2006.

1. bidask

bidask

i use traderassistant and it works well for market orders and stop market orders. however, if you use limit orders, there will be problems with traderassistant synchronizing with tradestation on which orders were filled.

#11     Oct 7, 2006
  2. I work at a prop firm that will fully automate any Tradestation or eSignal system and execute it through their ANVIL platform.

#12     Oct 8, 2006
  3. SteveH

SteveH

TSIM+ is a free front-end to IB and can do automated trading through writing commands to a known text file:

http://www.tradingsimulation.com/tsimplus/

You could have your signals generated by TradeStation, write the orders to a text fiel and TSIM+ can execute them through the IB TWS. Give it a try with your IB paper trading account and see if you like it.

#13     Oct 8, 2006
  4. I realise both TSIM+ and ZerolineTrader can do that as well.

But I'm not sure how I can generate a text file for them to read.

#14     Oct 9, 2006
  5. How many stocks can Tradestation reliably monitor for auto trading? Would 1000 be fine using 5 minute bars with a Core 2 Duo PC?

#15     Nov 4, 2006
  6. maxpi

maxpi

I have a P4 hyperthreading machine, a gamer motherboard w/ 4Gig ram, at the open, with 300 busy issues in radarscreen and a farly complex set of code updating every tick my cpu spikes to about 15%.

#16     Nov 4, 2006
  7. ronblack

ronblack

maxpi, do you know if Tradestation's software architecture takes advantage of multiple threads and dual processors in a trully multitasking mode?

Ron

#17     Nov 5, 2006
  8. TSIM+ sounds interesting

but i would like to try traderassistant first

since the hyperorder

i do not wanna try free software

#18     Nov 29, 2006
  9. does TSIM+ work properly

anybody knows

#19     Nov 29, 2006
  10. I tried it for 3 mos about 2 years ago. Too many bugs and poor support from the developer.

I switched to Buttontrader. Probably the best trading front end and the best technical support. The only negative is that it only works with IB.

You get what you pay for.

#20     Nov 29, 2006