Tradestation - Bid/Ask Volume Analysis

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Interesse, Sep 16, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Tradestation 2000 has an activity bar called buyers vs sellers that does just that. TS8 does not have it.

#21     Sep 18, 2006
  2. thegrail

thegrail

Does the IQfeed datafeed give you the same control over banks and other data for Topgun as eSignal? Are there advantages or disadvantages to using one or the other?

One advantage to IQfeed is it's about half the cost of eSignal, but I'm wondering if Topgun uses data from eSignal not available in IQfeed. Or vice versa.

Thank you,
    Chuck

#22     Sep 19, 2006
  3. leveragefx

leveragefx ET Sponsor

It's been awhile since I've looked at DTN but they show I believe just Hotspot and one other bank, maybe two. I like eSignal for the huge list of banks they support. THere is a Level II window that when news comes out is extremely accurate at showing which direction the market will move, when 80% of the banks are raising their bids you can buy with confidence for example.

I setup a deal with eSignal to give certain traders FREE esignal data, contact me for details. You can't beat free. :)

Chris

#23     Sep 20, 2006
  4. Surfeur

Surfeur

Hi,

which is the name of this program?

thx.

#24     Sep 20, 2006
  5. billp

billp

That's Marketdelta

#25     Sep 30, 2006
  6. billp

billp

Are you saying that the esignal premier subscription (excluding market data) is free? Thks

#26     Sep 30, 2006
  7. I did not read thru your whole thread, so if I am not helping you just ignore me.

I trade currency futures using the Tradestation platform. I watch the bid/ask volume everyday and it is primary part of my methodology. I try to watch it only one level deep. I can easily see where central banks or other large traders are coming and going.

The Matrix is the answer. The Bell Curve it develops for daily price action is invaluable. The volume is greyed out because the session is over. During the day it is color coded for time and can be set up in variety of useful ways.

Here's a shot of it. Hope I helped with your question.

DRT

[​IMG]

#27     Sep 30, 2006
  8. Investor R/T charting with market delta "footprint" charts.

#28     Sep 30, 2006
  9. leveragefx

leveragefx ET Sponsor

Yes, we give eSignal data to those who trade with us. For forex eSignal's data is very messy, we filter it out and only plot the banks with low spreads and orderly markets.

#29     Sep 30, 2006
  10. billp

billp

Trade with you? I thought you are a software provider ie Topgunsoftware and not a broker? Thanks

#30     Sep 30, 2006