Tradestation Automated Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by DonCorleone, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Hi Equalizer,

Can you direct me to download TS8 Build 1869? Can't find it on the website.

What are the main reasons you do not use TS8.0 or 8.1 to autotrade? Are you active in your trades?

Thanks

#11     Jul 25, 2005
  2. i have both 8.0 1869 and 8.1 2172 and i seem to have more problems with 2172 so i use 1869 for live charting. its always better to be a few months behing TStation unless you like agravation. i like a nice smooth trading day so i always stay a version behind TS.
    pat

#12     Jul 25, 2005
  3. my problem with tradestation-------------- how can this happen?

I place a long es trade for 1 contract at the same time with a xtrader platform right next to a tradestation matrix on a separate pc simultaneously. I then place a "sell limit" for 1 contract on the tradestation matrix for 1 point profit from entry, after this sell order has been clicked I then place the exact same order on xtrader {same order type and same price level}.

Here is the scary part-------------- guess which one will get filled first when price trades at the profit target level {several times a day}--------- it is not tradestation.

How can this happen?????? :confused:

tradestation told me it MUST be my computer {server with dual intel xeon processors------------don't think thats the problem----hahaha!). I just don't get what could cause this problem.

#13     Jul 25, 2005
  4. Why ON EARTH, would you rely on a vendor who releases NEW RELEASES with disasterous consequences ?
    (all hyperbole and incredible "brokerage service of the year" awards, yada, yada, yada) ASIDE ???

#14     Jul 25, 2005
  5. Bill Cruz and his "motley crue" at work here...BEEN THERE, DONE THAT with his crippled TS2000i "architecture".
    Bill: you're nothing but B.S.

#15     Jul 25, 2005
  6. Argh,
    you will have to contact TS support to enable you to download it if you have already upgraded to 2172 or 2706.

I gather you have an account right? Which means simply log on to the Client section of the tradestation website.

An alternative would be to completely uninstall all versions of TS > 8-1869

Not sure if this leaves crap in the registry that TS's super duper installer detects and prevents you from installing.

Try backing up your TS directories in ProgramFiles. Then perform the uninstall. If all else fails, you'll have to call TS support, or completely remove all registry entries for TS.

I can't use TS to autotrade, because I'd be jumping through hoops to do what I need to do - I use C++ to autotrade. Its basic-lean and mean and it works. TS would be OK for discretionary trading, but I really only use TS as a secondary data provider and long term equities platform. It might eventually get there, but it is not there yet.

Then again, when you compare the competition, well, there is very little competition at this price bracket...

However, for you guys trading Futures with TS, the delays reported by MacroEvent above - well, these are very very disturbing. I recall a discussion in TSWorld last year when these delays were first discussed. Not sure if anything has happened. It would have appeared that they were due to a problem with the Matrix?

Does anyone from TS actually reads this and cares to comment?

#16     Jul 25, 2005
  7. when an order shows up on the tradestation matrix {like a pending "sell limit" profit target for a long position} isn't it suppose to have already been routed through the cme and an order # tag assigned----------or does tradestation just throw the little "sell limit" box up on your matrix while the order is still traveling?

how could you then ever tell where in line you are at, right after you click the profit target order on the matrix?

#17     Jul 25, 2005
  8. MacroEvent,

have you tried placing orders, but not via the Matrix?
    It will be an interesting test, I think this could highlight an order issue with the Matrix.

#18     Jul 25, 2005
  9. no I have not-----------that would be a bit too slow for what I do but I should give that a try---------------my xtrader vs tradestation order block-----hahaha!

good point you bring up here-------yes, this may just be a ts matrix problem.

#19     Jul 26, 2005
  10. I just now moved from TS8.1 (build 2172) to TS8.0 (build 1869) and here is how:

When I upgraded to TS8.1 (exactly according the upgrade instruction from TS), the TS8.0 icon was left on my desktop.
    I ran it (with TS8.1 closed). I got a question "do you want to make 8.0 your active build?" I confirmed and wallah!
    The workspaces and desktops were not ported from 8.1, I got whatever I had before I moved to 8.1, but this was close enough for me.

BTW, I don't trade with TS, just use it for charting. Several times, my machine became unstable with low memory warnings (I have 1GB RAM) and I never understood why until I read this thread, so thanks!

#20     Jul 26, 2005