Tradestation automated trade excecution

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Runningbear, Jun 26, 2002.

1. I read on the Tradestation website yesterday that completely automated trade execution is now available. You don't even have to hit a confirm button. Is this the case? Has anyone used this function yet?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

runningbear

2. Yeah, I use the autoexecute feature on a regular basis. It works well, but is not without some problems. Recently I've been using 4 stops per position (a technical stop, stop loss, break-even, and profit target) and when I'm holding several positions at once, I find this feature to be very useful.

As I said, it's not perfect. You can't set the computer and go to work and expect that everything will turn out ok. 99% of the time it'll be fine - but that one time could really screw you over.

The other day I entered a series of auto stops, but one stock wouldn't allow me to do it properly because of a bad data tick. The data available suggested that I'd already been stopped out, when in reality the stock never actually traded at that price (as far as I know).

Well, hope this helps.

3. ZTrader

ZTrader

THe automated feature works fine, IMO. Just make sure that teh sutomated strategy does exactly what you want (i.e. back test before you select the automation option).

4. seems like you'd want another data feed from another source (RT or esignal) coming in at the same time to confirm prices, and alert you if the prices are off by more than a specified amount...any way to do that with TS?

5. LighteningSmurf,

How do you get the order generated on the current bar on a daily chart. Everything I've seen and read indicates that the order only gets generated on the next bar. I would like to use daily charts and have the signals generated on the current bar. Could you share a code snippet with us.

Echo

6. ZTrader

ZTrader

I would suggest using a smaller time reference (i.e. intraday) and scale accordingly in your code (i.e. so that your execution is at the end of the day). I believe this is what you were after.

Your best bet is to contact TradeStation customer service (?) if you have specific questions. If they can not answer, I am sure that they can point you in the right direction.