TradeStation auto trade

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by remwang, Jan 16, 2011.

1. remwang

remwang

Hi,

I am looking for a reliable auto trade broker , Is TradeStation

the right one to choose ?

What about Fidelity Weralth lab Pro ?

need some advice

thanks

2. yes - TradeStation is the right one to choose

3. spacewiz

spacewiz

Depends what you are looking for.

TradeStation used to be pretty good, but it's outdated (by at least 10 years), and runs only on Windows. Also, their commissions and platform charges are pretty high, not a very good choice unless you account is at least $100K+, and preferably 250K+ The positive side is that it's more user-friendly for non-technical people, and their programming language is though very primitive is easy to understand and implement simple strategies with, especially if you have little programming experience.

I've switched from TradeStation to Interactive Brokers a few years ago - they offer lower commissions, no platform fees, great APIs, and you are not stuck with a proprietary and an very limited EasyLanguage, instead you can use much more powerful Java, C/C++, even Excel/VBA. Plus it runs on MacOS, Linux, and Windows.

4. Camdo

Camdo

I used WealthLabPro about 1 year ago, but the strategies were frequently geting out of sync with the real account, so I switched to Ninjatrader, which initialy did the same thing until I figured out a coding workaround which was a lot of work to implement. To use WealthlabPro, Fidelity requires 500 manual trades before auto trade execution is allowed. You also have to execute 500 trades within a 1 year period to continue privleges. Your investment in time to use their platform will be in jepordy if you you take a rest.