TradeStation as Futures Broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rdavenport, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Does anyone use TradeStation for a futures broker (cleared through RJ O'Brien) for day trading e-mini's?

If so, how are the fills?

I am new to futures so any other suggestions as to futures brokers would be appreciated.

2. Ebo

Ebo

:D

3. mmillar

mmillar

I have no complaints about RJO'Brien. Fills are fast and at the market.

Another alternative is Interactive Brokers.

4. mr_minty

mr_minty

I'm using them and i like it, but i don't have much to compare it to...has anyone used places that clear thru GHCO and others? how do the fills compare?

5. Frosius

Frosius

Can I make the bracket orders (such as IB TWS) in a new TS Matrix?

TIA,

6. What is TS Matrix?

7. Frosius

Frosius

8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Matrix is the order window. Neat little invention that is. Made my trading much simpler since I trade thinner futures.

I love my TradeStation. The fills are just fine now since they are directly in CME and CBOT.:)

9. Frosius

Frosius

It's great!... But I considered that (for example) if I place a buy limit order 1 contract of the emini S&P @1000.00 and select something like "bracket orders", will TS be create simultaneously a sell limit order @1010.00 and a sell stop order for @995.00?

10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yes, there is a way to do that on TS....you need to use the Order Macros. How that is really done, I do not have a clue since I do not place stops immediatly. I wait to see what develops for a bar or 2.:)

#10     Dec 7, 2003