Tradestation 8.3

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by lmangal, Jul 19, 2007.

1. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

I have to agree with you. I use a strategy in one of my workspaces and it takes over 5 minutes to close out of Tradestation.

#21     Oct 16, 2007
  2. Surdo

Surdo

The OSO function does not work, and my overnight P n L does not reset......This is a way premature release.

#22     Oct 16, 2007
  3. the support guys insist they can't replicate obvious widespread bugs, then send the user base on wild goose chases trying to debug it. do your jobs! test and debug your product

usually i wait weeks before an upgrade. i didn't wait this time and it was definitely a mistake

#23     Oct 16, 2007
  4. borsaci

borsaci

ok well definitely sounds like i will hold off given the "beta" testing phase.
    my main reason was to try and hook TS 8.3 into my broker's execution and therefore use my greater leverage (i understand this is possible with 2000i). After hearing what you guys have said I will likely look to other venues (suggestions? I am researching various options now)

But just to clarify, and get away from the ambiguous word "standalone"

TS 8.3 CANNOT execute/route trades with any other broker than TS?
    (even if i have an account with TS brokerage, subscribe to their market data, and even execute a few trades if necessary)

Not sure how OwnData comes into play here...

#24     Oct 17, 2007
  5. Splat

Splat

TS will only allow data from US exchanges. If you want data for another exchange for example FTSE or EUREX then you can use Owndata with say esignal. However you are talking expensive solution here. For execution you can use the manual interface for the other platform. However I believe there are other solutions available that let you hook into TS for auto trading.

#25     Oct 17, 2007
  6. Does anybody here use Tradestation 8.3 for automated trading in Forex?

What are your experiences?

It seems nice having a broker + historical data + backtesting platform all coming in the one package and potentially for free (if you trade more than 10 round lots a month).

#26     Dec 15, 2007