Tradestation 8.1 Miscalulates Buying Power, Margin Calls may result

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dougcs, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Couldn't have said it better myself.

And, let's not forget the infamous, ALWAYS ALL GREEN network status page that shows all is well when all is NOT well, especially that time when the trade server went out shortly before trading started in stocks, and TS did not bother to tell any of their customers. I like many others found out about this EXTREMELY serious problem on this board and NOT from TRADESTATION.

I also remember the time TS got one of those awards BEFORE the software receiving the award was released. That was interesting.

Announced today by TS:

"The problem discovered in Build 2809 regarding inaccurate display of overnight buying power has been corrected. Those of you who have received TradeStation 8.1, Build 2809, will be receiving tonight, tomorrow or Thursday the new build. Build 2809 will expire this Saturday evening, August 20, so please be sure to log in and download the new build you are being sent before then. After Saturday, you will need to download the new build before logging in. For those of you who trade options, in certain circumstances your options buying power displayed may be understated. Please feel free to call the trade desk at 800-871-3563 if you believe you are seeing an amount you believe is too low. We are working to correct this as soon as possible. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience."

DS

#11     Aug 16, 2005