TradeStation 7

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Porsche78, Mar 7, 2003.

1. mktman

mktman

Janette:

4-6 weeks?
    Now thats sad.
    Supposedly TS has all the capacity to handle any number of customers. Could it be they cant handle the complaints with bugs?

It's ironic that a new customer can sign up and bingo they have TS7. Current users, like myself, are stuck waiting in a lottery system. You say to e-mail you to get on a priority list.
    Sheesh. Most current users will want to be on that list.

When I was with Tradecast they handled upgrades with class. Everyone at the same time.
    No lottery system.

Sitting here waiting for upgrade prompt.
    Priority?
    Come on.
    Next upgrade I would hope TS would resolve this issue.
    Other brokers with major upgrades do not pick numbers out of a hat.

mktman

#11     Mar 7, 2003
  2. Oooh mktman, don't get them mad at you. You have to play nicey nicey with them and don't ask any tough questions, cuz then they just ignore you and put you on "The List". Of course, if you pop up on their site and post "Grrrreaat new release" then you've got it made. But if you find 8 bugs and try to explain this to them, then you're just a malcontent because of course there are no bugs in TradeStation.

#12     Mar 7, 2003
  3. links

links Guest

This randomly selecting people for an upgrade over a 4-6 week period doesn't make any sense to me. There are lots of TS customers who only have small token accounts, they give bulk of their trading business to other brokers like IB. Then there are other loyal customers like us who do ALL their futures trading through TS who have been waiting for the dreaded 7 release for months. First we were told it would be out last fall, now six months later even when it is released we have to wait another 4-6 weeks?? Shouldn't the traders w/ futures accounts who are stuck with the lousy Lind-Waldock crap be given some priority?

#13     Mar 8, 2003
  4. TGregg

TGregg

I agree, especially as I am not a brokerage customer. Let the other guys find all the bugs and workarounds. :D

#14     Mar 8, 2003
  5. WinSum

WinSum

It's not as bad as you think. TradeStation will accommodate you if you feel that you have a good reason to be on a priority list for the upgrade. Just email Jannette at TradeStation with your request.

I don't have bias opinion on this. In interest of full disclusure, I don't work for TradeStation or a shareholder in TS stocks. I am one those TS customers who have a small token account with TS and also trades via my other brokers. My experience with the upgrade process was that I asked to be on the upgrade list on a certain date and explained why I needed it and TS was flexible in meeting my request.

#15     Mar 8, 2003
  6. jem

jem

In case the ts folks are watching. I did just get the rollout. There was a conflict during the installing which wiped out everyone of my workspaces and indicators. They just disappeared. What happened was tradestation7 install just locked up when it was attempting to transfer or verify a custom made indicator. After two hours I shut down my machine. Then I could not find six and 7 would not start. I shut down tried again. Tried to download 7 again and eventually transferred my current 7 directory to different directory. Then downloaded 7 and it worked but my old mywork is gone.

Two, I agree you need a better interface than the lindwaldock standalone. It goes off line all the time. It has made me concerned about putting on positions. This is not good for you or me. But since I like pit traded contracts I suspect nothing will be happening soon. However, I will say that while the interface sucks the fills seem to be very good. I think the refco guys in the pit must have some respect because I have been filled on the bid or ask occasionally.

In seven could you transmit more frequent readings on of your symbols. Every 15 seconds does not do it for things like the tick. (perhaps 7 made the change).

#16     Mar 8, 2003
  7. Janette Perez

Janette Perez TradeStation Technologies

jem,

We would like to help you with your upgrade. Please e-mail me your telephone number and best time to reach you. You can contact me at jperez@tradestation.com.

Thanks,

Janette
    TradeStation Technologies, Inc.

#17     Mar 8, 2003
  8. viking30

viking30

It works

1. delete your TS 6

2. Reboot

3. Click on " Client Log In ":p :D

#18     Mar 8, 2003
  9. I am thinking about subscribing to Tradestations Real Time Data Service,is it a reliable service and is it worth the $199.00 a month.
    Or is it over rated?

#19     Mar 8, 2003
  10. I think it is great so many people want ts7. My general rule is to not upgrade unless absolutely necessary or the benefits outweigh the risk. Until the 20 years of futures data is available the risks of upgrades are too high for me. I'm happy for others to find the bugs.

#20     Mar 9, 2003