TradeStation 7 Released & New Lower Commissions

Discussion in 'Events' started by MichaelD, Feb 25, 2003.

1. I had the same problem. Typical TradeStation nonsense: blame it on the user first. For some reason, their culture is to hide their problems from the users. Deny, deny, deny.

#41     Mar 21, 2003
  2. links

links Guest

I agree TS7 was way overhyped. Other than Radar and Options modules the rest are just bells and whistles. You still can't place options orders, for equites OCO feature is still missing. The futures order entry only supports eminis, very basic screen, depth of mkt is still to come. I think as a broker they are still finding their way.

After two years in the making and $7 million, its pretty lousy what they produced. In all my years in software development, I have never seen a rollout as bad as this; get everyone excited about a new product and then tell them, oh it will be another 4-6 weeks.

#42     Mar 21, 2003
  3. agree $99/mo way too much for this. I love TS but probably will cancel unless they have another pricing plan, since there's other software which will do most of what I need from TS.

#43     Mar 21, 2003
  4. Agreed on holding off til the bugs are worked out. The only things to lure me over are more data options benefits.

#44     Mar 24, 2003
  5. DT-waw

DT-waw

Their customer support sucks. I've sent an email with few questions to sales@tradestation.com on 20th March still I haven't received any answer. I've also sent PM to two ET Members who represent TradeStation: MichaelD and Janette Perez. No answer.

#45     Mar 24, 2003
  6. EricP

EricP

Often, when you do have a problem that is related to a TS bug, they will refer you to the TradeStation World website for answers... In other words, don't ask us, we just work here... Instead, please ask other potentially frustrated users such as yourself and maybe one of them can answer your question. There tech support, as you say, could use some improvement.

-Eric

#46     Mar 24, 2003
  7. Is it me, or did Tradestation spend millions of $$ on a new version, promise me a "Trailing stop feature in the order bar"

and the new release doesnt have any???

Very unhappy customer here, and I will be looking into another broker!!
    :mad:

#47     Mar 24, 2003
  8. DT-waw

DT-waw

Looks like Advanced Futures or FFastTrade can provide better service (for futures markets). Low rates, phone support, well-known and reliable order-entry platforms. For charting you can use SierraCharts or AmiBroker with cheap myTrack datafeed.
    I'm not using any of the above now. Just looking for trading automation capabilities with low commissions. TS still doesn't offer Eurex futures.

#48     Mar 24, 2003
  9. if you trade volume, those commission rates are a friggin joke- what a rip off

#49     Mar 24, 2003
  10. Yes they don't offer Eurex and that's something i don't understand from guys claiming to be the best in the industry.:mad:

#50     Mar 24, 2003