TradeStation 7 Released & New Lower Commissions

Discussion in 'Events' started by MichaelD, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Swipe

Swipe

I agree too much money!

#31     Mar 20, 2003
  2. Not to mention that TS7 was way overhyped. Very few innovative features and still not up to the 2000i functionality.

#32     Mar 20, 2003
  3. ZTrader

ZTrader

I am still waiting for my 'turn' to get the upgrade.

#33     Mar 20, 2003
  4. Ebo

Ebo

In my opinion, Tradestation did a horrendous job marketing release 7. They should NEVER have put the new Website up until the Upgrade was underway. How many users of SIX have tried to UPGRADE and it just logs you onto old software. This was NOT made clear that it would take TWO months to stagger the rollout. It also makes no sense that I signed on to TS a month ago and still can not get SEVEN. I will be VERY happy to lower my Futures Commish to $5.60 Round trip in a week.

#34     Mar 20, 2003
  5. Woody

Woody

I'm still waiting too. I was really looking forward to getting TS7 and thought that maybe it would take two weeks at the longest. I am now having my doubts that I will get to upgrade by the end of the month.

#35     Mar 20, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

2000i is a joke.

nitro

#36     Mar 21, 2003
  7. #37     Mar 21, 2003
  8. corvus

corvus

Make sure you save your indicators and formulas first though...uninstalling TS6 deletes them. :eek:

#38     Mar 21, 2003
  9. Yesterday I was having troubles with TS6 and decided to re-install it. I uninstalled TS6 and went to the re-install prompt. Since I didn't have any versions of TS on my computer I was able to download TS7. I installed it and added all my saved work spaces, etc. I tried to use the strategies that I've been using for months and kept getting "cannot divide by 0 messages." I installed TS7 again with the same problem. I uninstalled TS7 and re-installed TS6 again and was able to work with no problems.

If you are looking to use radar station or some of the other upgrades then by all means switch up, but if you are pretty happy with TS6 then I suggest you stick with it till they get some of the bugs worked out. I even spent 30 minutes with tech support listening to them tell me that the problem lies with the strategies that I've been using for half a year and that verify with no problem, NOT the brand new TS7 - that couldn't be possible!

#39     Mar 21, 2003
  10. corvus

corvus

I upgraded specifically for OptionStation, and I think it's pretty cool. I also use pretty standard indicators so that's fine too. But I was pissed when uninstalling TS6 took out some of the strategies I had written...uninstalling should NOT take out user-created files!

#40     Mar 21, 2003