Tradestation 7.2 opinion requested

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by condorll, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Vienna

Vienna

I DO have TS 2000i, but what I seem to glean from these posts is that the capabilities of the new online version are far greater.

Correct?

Thanks

#41     Dec 23, 2003
  2. Ebo

Ebo

BobCathy:

First of all Merry Christmas!
    I am on build 1488.
    What "Bells and Whistles" does the newest version have that I am missing? I am perfectly happy with this version.

ebo

#42     Dec 23, 2003
  3. jrs3

jrs3

The best platforms in the world (Bloomberg Professional) won't make you one dime. Money management and attitude are much more important than fancy bells and whistles.

#43     Dec 24, 2003
  4. opw

opw

Does anybody know if TS 7 stores or buffers data locally? Or does it have to reload all data through the internet if you switch symbols?

I am asking becuase I use a list of appr. 100 stocks and during trading hours scroll through a lot of (intraday) charts.

#44     Dec 24, 2003
  5. it does cache already loaded data

#45     Dec 24, 2003
  6. 7.2 is available and is being rolled out. To get to the front of the queue, send an email to: preview@tradestation.com and include your network id in the body.

I was going to comment on its shortcomings, but elindydotcom did a better job than I would have.

I've used their products since the late 80s and while they are not perfect, they are quite good.

#46     Dec 24, 2003
  7. Ebo

Ebo

I am being prompted to upgrade to the next build of 7.2.
    I have been on build 1488 for a while. Love that Matrix and cancel/replace function!
    If you do not have 7.2 by now....call TradeStation. I am told everyone has it available to them. I am still waiting to hear from BobCathy about the new build....hint hint!

ebo

#47     Dec 24, 2003

8. How about an update from BobCathy on 7.2 ??

#48     Dec 28, 2003
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I still love it.....I have the latest 7.2 and it really is the cat's nuts!
    They added a whole pile of features and indicators. It is super reliable now. No lags that I can see........:)

They put in an automatic notation on the chart for all trades, but I see they took it out again on the last build.....I removed manually it as it interfered with the charts too much.

I do not use the new indicators like an Andrews Pitchfork. So I really am not the person to comment on them. I had custom indicators designed for me in Easy Language and still use them.:)

#49     Dec 28, 2003
  10. Turok

Turok

>You cannot backtest an entire portfolio of symbols.
    >You can only test your strategy on one symbol at a time.

This one feature (or lack of) was what tipped the scales for me in favor of Wealth-Lab 3.0.

If portfolio level backtesting is important to your strategy (and personally, I find it hard understand that it isn't important to most everyone's) then WL is a wonderful tool. No pasting individual results into Excel and comparing. Feed it the group of stocks (I test mostly on the entire 3,500 plus Naz or NYSE) and let it go.

A really nice feature of WL is that it allow you to change money management rules without running the entire test again...alter the rules and within a few seconds the new portfolio test is done. This saves a ton of time.

I use all my one internal data for testing so I can't comment on WL as it relates to downloading historical data.

JB

#50     Dec 28, 2003