TradeStation 6 has a bug

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TGregg, Jan 30, 2002.

1. i know that you can change colors. but all of those conditions are worthless as long as you cannot colorcode it just like in RT, qCHARTS...

I mean:

uptick: darkgreen
    uptick with trade outside of best ask: lightgreen
    downtick: darkred
    downtick outside the best bid: lightred
    trades in between the spread: white

for some people this might not be that important but in my opinion this colorcoding scheme makes it a lot more visible what´s going on in the stock at the moment (up- or down-momentum etc...)

if you know how to do this, please let me know!

kev//

#11     Mar 13, 2002
  2. PXG

PXG

Kev,
    it's not possible to see an Up/Downtick and the other trade conditions that you mention in T&S. You only can see if it's an Up/Down bid in Level II window (green and red arrow).
    I wrote to their wishlist some time ago that it would be nice to have an Up/Down Bid indicator in T&S...

#12     Mar 13, 2002
  3. TGregg

TGregg

OK, just talked with the VP of Product Management. He indicated that PXG was right. Basically, if a setprofittarget is in a conditional, then it is only valid during that conditional. I haven't tested this out thoroughly yet, but it does work for the example in this thread.

Also, he said the reason that values .01 through .04 (inclusive) work, is because they fire off during the next bar.

I'm not convinced yet, but I'll test this out and post the results.

#13     Mar 13, 2002
  4. TGregg

TGregg

. . . I am reasonably confident that this will work. So that's a (belated) thanks to PXG, and a big thanks to TRAD for helping me with this issue.:D

Tonight, back to strategy writing and testing! Yahoo!

#14     Mar 13, 2002