Tradestation 2000i

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by michaelday, Oct 3, 2001.

1. ron2368

ron2368

Is anyone here familiar with using TS4 and some type of feeder program with the Quote.com datafeed. I have had TS4 for several years but over the last 3 have used it only for daily data but I would like to use on intraday.
    Thanks

#11     Oct 3, 2001
  2. If you are not a former TS user then the monthly price is somewhere around $250/mth I believe. This was in January and may have been changed since then. Call them up to find out.

I've used TS now since version 3.5 in 1995. 3.5 and 4.0 were great. When the BMI feed disappeared (or we were told that it was going to be killed), tried 2000i. It was terrible and I ended up returning the program. I then tried Qcharts which was so unreliable that it was useless for active trading.

BTW someone asked about feeding TS4.0 with quote.com (qfeed from Qcharts) data. The company you want is at www.dynastorelight.com. I tried it but it was still dependent on the unreliable qfeed source so it was not feasible.

I then looked as the TS Pro system and I am happy to report that after a few brief startup issues, the system has been rock solid for many months now.

If you are a former TS user, it is hard to beat their $99 price, reliable service, unlimited symbols, exchange fees included, and best of all, no hassle to have to maintain and update data locally on your computer.

I would however like to see them provide you access to send real time quotes to excel, and/or the ability to access the system via an API.

#12     Oct 3, 2001
  3. I could not find anywhere on their site that they offer it to non customers.

#13     Oct 3, 2001
  4. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

#14     Oct 3, 2001
  5. shyhh

shyhh

Tradestation is compatible with esignal and pcquote. But the problem is u will need to have your PC up everyday for the tradestation server to collect data. Tradestation can't fetch old stock data from esignal & pcquote.

#15     Oct 4, 2001
  6. If you buy TS2000i, you wont' receive any support from Omega Research / TradeStation Technologies.

Keep this in mind...there is a learning curve to getting TradeStation up and running.

Also, TS2000i is a big resource hog, and it is on the buggy side.

But on the other hand, there are a lot of pre-packaged indicators available, and the EasyLanguage programming language is very flexible.

-- Punter

#16     Oct 4, 2001
  7. re tech support from Omega/TradeStation, I wouldn't let the lack of tech support dissuade me from getting it, as you don't get any tech support from them in any case. among users it was a bad joke for years about their useless tech support, never could get a straight answer over the phone, always send it to us and we'll get back to you, yeah, don't hold your breath. however, there are plenty of Easy Language gurus out there who, for a fee, will handle almost any programming problem. my experience was that easy language issues were the most difficult, at least for non-programmers. s/w issues usually just resolved by rebooting.

#17     Oct 4, 2001
  8. hi,

is the radarscreen in this new version also included?

thx.
    kev//

#18     Oct 5, 2001
  9. i tried prosuite 2000 with several quotefeeds, because i was looking to find the best solution for me. here´s what i found out:

1. esginal: the most stable an reliable feed. big advantage is that esignal feed is supported by omega and you dont need an extra connection between feed and prosuite. disadvantages: it´s the most expensive feed and you have symbol restrictions.

2. RT3 with dynastore for TAL (for further information see www.dynastorelight.com): almost as good as esignal. no symbol restrictions, feed is free if you use a RT3 broker and do enough trades per month. only one-time cost for dynastorelight, which is really worth the money. i compared the feed during the first hour of trading with reutersTerminal quotes - no difference (had radarscreen running with 500 symbols at a time). but if rt3 is down - your ts feed is also gone.

3. quote.com with dynastore for qfeed: advantages: no symbol restrictions, cheapest feed ($92 / month including exchange fees) if you dont have a rt3 broker. disadvantages: big lags (although you have the server selector that shows the current status of all quote.com servers it is not that easy to keep in running constantly), comparison reutersTerminal - qfeed (again radarscreen 500 symbols) showed a delay somewhere around 10-20 secs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i do a lot of realtime/eod scanning and thats why i have so many symbols connected.
    if you can afford it and you dont happen to use a rt3 broker you should use esignal. if you already use rt3, do yourself a favor and buy dynastore for TAL - it´s almost as stable & reliable as esignal but a lot cheaper as you only have one-time costs.
    qfeed - do it on your own risk. in the period i used it (for ab 2-3 months) i stopped counting the crashes after the second week....

kev//

#19     Oct 5, 2001