TradeStation 2000i Quircks and Usage Questions

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock_punter, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Hi All,

Over the past few months I've been discovering numerous TradeStation 2000i quircks. I thought I'd list them here, to perhaps save you some time so that you won't bang your head against them like I did.

1. A chart of each symbols in your symbol list must be displayable, or else Workspace Assistant and ShowMe alerts may not function properly. I had a symbol list that contained symbols with no data stored in the GlobalServer. That caused problems with the ShowMe alerts not going off, and workspace assistant not generating results.

2. EasyLanguage has persistent local variables, where the value at the last function call still exists at the next. This is a documented feature (poorly documented, in my opinion) to allow for access of historical values of data. Caused me a lot of headaches. Now when I create my EasyLanguage code, I account for this (such as making sure all local variables are set to the calculated value whenver the function is called).

I'd also be interested in seeing what "quirks" you've come across as well, and how to work with or around them.

If you know of any solutions to the follwing, I'd appreciate it very much:

A. How can I retrieve a list of symbols in GlobalServer that has data in it? I know I can export the Symbol Directory, but there are a lot of symbols in that directory where there is no data stored for them in GlobalServer.

B. How can I specifiy a list of symbols to be connected for real-time datafeed updates? Right now I do each one one by one, a tedious process. I'd like to specify a symbol list and have all tickers in the symbol list be connected.

C. For the workspace assistant results, is there a way to simply double-click on a symbol listed in the results and have the charts in the workspace display that symbol?

Thanks.

-- Punter