Tradestation 2000i questions

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stereo70, Apr 5, 2006.

1. I think you can do a lot better. The whole point of TS is to be able to write custom formulas or systems and have them give trading signals in real time. and of course the backtesting, which is fine for a single instrument but lacks the ability to test a portfolio.

2000i and the older Ts programs used a database on your machine for quote serving. It was a big hassle that you can avoid now with internet-based providers who keep the history on their servers. It is possible to download history for 2000i and add a program that will let you take quotes off the internet, but why go to all that trouble, unless you want the backtesting,etc?

If you just want nifty charting, look at QCharts, Quote Tracker or Sierra Charts. Much better than fooling around with an unstable program that will crash repeatedly and lacks an integrated data source.

#11     Apr 7, 2006
  2. bobcows

bobcows

TS is a great platform for charting. Its one of the best.

The latest TS platform (8) is much better than TS2000i because you don't have to worry about the GlobalServer quote server. All the real-time data is done on their back-end.

Again, TS 8 is a very good platform. Data is reliable. They offer lots of U.S. data but not much in foreign data (DAX).

Metastock is very easy to grow out of. I would avoid.

#12     Apr 7, 2006