Tradestation 2000i not available in the US?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by samtrader, Oct 30, 2001.

1. J-Trade

J-Trade

WarEagle,

The method you kindly suggest does indeed plot the indicators within the same sub-graph. However, in TS Pro, there is no way to adjust the scaling to fit them together - I am told that this is not the case in 2000i.

I've now had TS support confirm that the feature I want is not presently available.

Thanks.

#11     Oct 31, 2001
  2. As far as I know, TradeStation Technologies (formerly Omega Research) always had a policy of not allowing a transfer/resale of any of their products. It's just that eBay never implemented that law/policy, so a lot of people were able to trade these products over eBay, until recently that is. Now it is obvious eBay is enforcing this law/policy.

samtrader

#12     Oct 31, 2001
  3. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Ok J-Trade. Just tried it and I see what you mean. Makes no since that you can plot them both but can't set different scales...

Sorry,

Kirk

#13     Oct 31, 2001
  4. J-Trade

J-Trade

No problem, WarEagle - appreciated your attempts to help.

On a wider note, there must be a lot of copies of 2000i out there that are no longer in use - as I mentioned, I'm obtaining a copy from someone who has upgraded to Pro - so there must be ways other than via eBay to find them, even if it takes a little searching.

#14     Nov 1, 2001
  5. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

You may want to check out the omega discussion list and ask there.

You can subscribe by sending an e-mail with "subscribe" in the header to omega-list@eskimo.com

I've seen numerous postings for both buyers and sellers.

#15     Nov 1, 2001
  6. DaveN

DaveN

I had two thoughts that I wanted to add to this thread.

If you are looking for additional indicators for TS6, check out
    ftp://ftp.omegaresearch.com/pub/
    You'll find most everything there from examples of Stocks and Commodities and traders tips to many basic indicators. Everything's in .ela format which you can just import into your TS6.

Watch eBay and when you see an auction for TS2k and get the email address of the person selling the software. If the auction gets yanked, just contact that person privately and make an offer. The added advantage here is that you aren't competing on price anymore.

#16     Nov 3, 2001
  7. dussasr

dussasr

I have a copy I would like to sell. If you are still interested drop me a line.

-Steve

dussasr@yahoo.com

#17     Nov 28, 2001
  8. I already bought a copy, Thanks anyways.

#18     Nov 28, 2001
  9. Splurge

Splurge

Hi all,

I have just joined this site so you must forgive me for repeating stuff that has been mentioned before.

I am based in the UK and I am currently deciding which avenues to take to set up trading US Stocks.

I have looked at the possibility of getting Tradestation 6 (T6) but guess what? Licensing regulations do not permit the sale of T6 in the UK but I can purchase Tradestation 2000i. My only problem then is getting a feed that will support it in this country.

Someone trying to tell me something?

Splurge

#19     Nov 30, 2001
  10. Does anyone know what the licensing issues are, why is it TS6 for the US and 2000i for the rest of the world?

voodoo

#20     Nov 30, 2001