TradeStation 2000i Headache

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ChrisM, Dec 1, 2002.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I never have a problem with TS....they go out of their way to be helpful to me.

#11     Dec 2, 2002
  2. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

"We expect to have integrated futures trading in TradeStation 7. At this time, we are not prepared to disclose a release date. We're very excited about the development effort and I believe you will appreciate the enhancements we have planned for TradeStation 7."

#12     Dec 3, 2002
  3. Over the course of three years now, as a client first of Omega and then of Tradestation Securities, I've found customer support mostly excellent, including some very helpful, concerted efforts to clear up the handful of problems or difficulties that cropped up, some of which weren't really TS's fault (Windows-related problems and the like). The one incident where I found support lacking was a couple of months ago, when there were severe problems with the TS Network, and the first individual with whom I spoke wasn't very helpful, but, when I contacted TS again, I received prompt, personal attention. I can understand how US TS2000i users feel somewhat abandoned, but, as others have pointed out, there are alternative resources, and, anyway, I wouldn't expect a company to support an old product forever.

#13     Dec 3, 2002
  4. Thanks MIchaelD. Some timeline still would be nice ... Is there a beta available yet?

#14     Dec 3, 2002
  5. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

I actually got in a "little" trouble for a bad review for TS a while ago and that was mainly about TS2000i.

I got a PM from Baron and a E-mail from a TS rep. I continued to write about about how TS Securities just abandoned 2000i and actually wanted to get a reply from the TS Securities about the matter but they never seem to answer me and ignore except for a message about how TS 6.0 is great....

Well, I hope the moderators don't erase this message and let's see if they answer me this time....

#15     Dec 3, 2002
  6. ChrisM

ChrisM

This is the best example of what was written before - my message was ignored by TS, but they could not forget about prospective clients !
    TS gentlemen, please give me a break !

#16     Dec 4, 2002
  7. DT-waw

DT-waw

Chris, compare TS to AmiBroker's customer support... I got response from Mr. Janeczko in 2 (two) minutes via email - outstanding. Compare prices, features of both vendors. Killing competition. I know TS is an "industry standard" but for an individual trader this fact doesn't matter at all. Of course, I refer to backtesting software not to brokerage services or automated trading.

#17     Dec 6, 2002
  8. #18     Dec 6, 2002
  9. My Global Server for 2000i is messed up...

Gotta reinstall this weekend...

#19     Dec 6, 2002
  10. maxpi

maxpi

How much trouble is the Global Server? I've used ASCII data and then I was using On Demand Server from Traders-soft and quote.com data, never used the Global server but it seems like a good way to go, keep history on your own computer if it is reliable. On Demand Server won't work with Radarscren. Eventually, when I start using Radarscreen I will have to start wrestling with data collection, not looking forward to it. A friend of mine bundles PC's and he showed me a 4 drive RAID machine which can be set up for drive redundancy in case you lose a drive, I would not want to start with anything less than that and include some backup hardware/software too. Cheap HDD's are almost as fast as SCSI's, that's what he had in the machine, he said he could bundle an 8 drive unit for about $1600.

Max

#20     Dec 6, 2002