Tradestation 2000i datafeed?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by vak, Jun 25, 2003.

1. vak

vak

i'm looking for a datafeed service that can handle radarscreen.

having only been using complete charting solution in the past (qchart) i have little experience of data vendor.

i mostly need RT data for NYSE&NASDAQ
    stock, providing the data source can handle as much simultaneous ticker as possible due to radarscreen's need.

i'm using a broadband internet connection (not satellite)

2. I would check out Esignal.

3. nitro

nitro

IQFeed + Dynastore Light for IQFeed.

nitro

4. vak

vak

thanks very much both you guys.

when using market scan the single most
    important factor is the # of symbol that can be watched simultaniously :

esingal has a "100 symbol" limit,
    while IQ feed is running a 200 cap.

i guess in neither case those these limitation stop one from creating 100/200
    symbol stock list and scaning them alternatively, but i'd rather have a confirmation on that from an experienced user.

thanks in advance,

5. I would agree with IQFeed...

6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Just to expound this a bit further eSignal can be increased to a 1000 symbol limit if the need arises. For more information, please see... http://www.esignal.com/esignal/pricing/default.asp

7. nitro

nitro

I will warn you though. The Server in 2000i is so bad, that eventually you it will crash your computer almost 4 or 5 times a day.

If it weren't for GS, 2000i would actually be a decent product.

nitro

8. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

Just wanted to correct the statement of a 200 symbol cap on IQFeed. IQFeed comes standard with a 500 symbol limit.

Jay Froscheiser
    DTN Market Access

9. maxpi

maxpi

I just started trying to use 2000i, no GS problems yet but I wrote an indicator and got different results in RadarScreen from results in a chart. That is a little sign to me that maybe I will use something else, especially since there are no more patches for the software.

You can have unlimited symbols using quote.com and Metaserver R/T from Traders-soft but the quote.com data can be problemmatical. For after hours scanning you can use Qloader from the same guys and import the data to GS.

Max