TradeSports

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Maverick74, Mar 21, 2003.

1. They are probably having difficulties finding market makers due to lack of "prick factor" regarding exchange rules.

#11     Mar 22, 2003
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually they have quite a few market makers. They only use the market makers to open up a contract and to provide initial liquidity. After that it's mostly customer orders. Like I said some markets are better then others. The futures on Saddam don't move that much. But when you watch the NCAA games trade its a very very liquid market with very tight spreads. But the mkt moves very fast and a lot of people pull their bids and offers just like in the real mkt. It's very common to see 100 to 300 contracts on both sides of the mkt most of the time. That's a lot of money guys. The long term contracts you just have to put in bids and offers and let them rest and see if you get hit.

#12     Mar 22, 2003
  3. tracedef

tracedef Guest

I don't watch anything but the Saddams....the mm left the March contract but you can see him in the other months. He's always 300 bid and offer with a seven point spread. He's obvious in the morning, then later in the days people will take little pieces of him or add to him......

#13     Mar 22, 2003
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Why did the March Sadam contract drop so much? Everything we are hearing on the news says he is either dead or badly injured and some claim they saw him on a stretcher after the first bombings. It would seem that somebody knows something that is not being reported in the news.

#14     Mar 22, 2003
  5. tracedef

tracedef Guest

They don't really trade the way we're used to seeing things trade. They are frequently over or under valued. The lack of volume means that a few people simple can move them up or down as they please. That's why I said they're good if you just want to bet on an end result. Even if I wanted to get out when the offer was at 88 cents (I holding because I'm confident in the outcome) I could have put a 500 share offer to sell at ten cents and I GUARANTEE you I would clear every level out to 10 cents and would still have a hundred shares left to make the new offer ten cents. These things are just simply illiquid. There's so little interest that even when definitive news of Sadam's death or the equivalent comes out, there will be five or ten minutes where you can just take out any offer you want. People just don't watch these things like people watch stocks because obviously they're more of a gimmick than anything.

#15     Mar 23, 2003
  6. Like Enron or MCI, only those were not that obvious in the beginning.

#16     Mar 23, 2003
  7. Pabst

Pabst

Hmm....... and I was going to trade them using a tic chart.:D

#17     Mar 23, 2003
  8. I guess I was wrong about the Saddam March contract. Looks like we have a Saddam bubble developing now that there are signs of slight Iraqi resistance.

#18     Mar 23, 2003
  9. Pabst

Pabst

I hear a large German institution is selling March Saddam's to hedge a short Crude Oil position. :D

#19     Mar 23, 2003
  10. So that's the guy offering 150 shares. Talk about MAJOR SIZE man!

#20     Mar 23, 2003